CHAPTER 5

~ If you want a fight, I'll bring you a war.

Soon it was a new academic year. 9th just passed by real quick, it was more of a fun and a non-serious year. I don't know why but I wasn't able to remove him out of my mind. Maybe he did have a pretty good impression on me. I know it's mostly because I'll miss those Crack head jokes and those dumb pranks.

Archer and I were not that close. It was only in the beginning that we played pranks, and later here and there. It was all only playing and fighting.

Is it even possible to get attached to someone whom you've known for only a year and have not even talked properly?

I feel like I've known him for so long. I don't want to accept for a fact that there is something about him, because then I would just be like the other girls. I might feel there's something special, but in reality, its nothing.

There are so many girls crushing on him, and he knows it. He acts as if he doesn't. And he still has the audacity to talk and tease them as if it's nothing. In general, he doesn't even care. He's more of a Heartbreaker. Not a single person he's dated and not a single person he's ever liked, at least till what people know. Maybe even I am just someone to him. So, I tried my best not to have him have any impact on me.

And just like that another academic year. It was going to be fun, just like the previous year. I started focusing more on studies and gave an equal balance even with other extracurricular things. If the last year was more of water fighting year, then this year was more of things stealing year.   

It was almost halfway through the year. I could feel the emptiness every time he was not present. There would be no one to taunt, no one to disturb the class, it just felt odd.

But then he was present today, so I was good.

It was English class and Ms. Rosey entered the class. She was going to start on with a lesson and I dug into my bag to find my literature book. I remember keeping it inside for sure.

"Did you see my English book?" I asked Emma.

"No, did you bring it to school?" Emma asked.

"I did for sure. I guess I'll go find it later." I replied.

"Are you searching for this~?" I heard someone say from the back.

Archer was holding the book in his hand. Of course, it was him who else would take it? Why didn't I think of this before? This wasn't the first time that he took something. He has done this even before.

"Idiot! When the hell did you take it from my bag?" I asked by trying to snatch the book from his hand. But I dint succeed in doing that.

" When you were busy flirting with Luke." He said with a smirk.

"Okay, first of I wasn't flirting with him, second you have no rights to take others stuff."

"I never took it, you were so busy with him that you forgot you gave me the book just before the class." He said teasingly.

Fudge, now he's not going to leave me and Luke."

Luke was just talking to me about the movie that he watched. I really loved movies and he was a good company for me to talk about it. So me and him would have a conversation quite often.

"Okay, Now give me my book back." I ordered him.

"Not unless you're going to accept you like Luke." He said in a teasing tone.

"Claire! What is going on there?" The teacher called.

"Nothing, nothing ma'am." I said and turned front.

"Here, for now share it with me." Emma said.

I turned back and angrily said "Screw you, asshole."

"oh no, try me." He said with a big smirk.

I was going to hell screw him this time. He was making my job easier. As said I wasn't going to let him have an impression on me. And he just made it much easier. Instead of doing anything on that same day, I decided to do something after few days.

****

I made a whole build up that I'll do something, but nothing came to my mind. So, I spilled water over his notebook. It's not that he cared for his belongings and it's not that the water would not dry up and more off it's not that I spilled lots of water.

It was funny on how I did that. He still sits alone in the last bench, just behind me. I kept my water bottle behind with the bottle cap loosely opened and turned back with my hands smoothly pushing the bottle down making the water spill over his notebook.

He wasn't actually there in his place at that time, but he correctly came as soon as I turned back.

"What the hell!" He shouted.

"Oops! Sorry, I spilt it by mistake." I said.

I appreciate my guts on doing that, because his temper is something else. But thankfully he dint do anything much. He just angrily went and sat back, trying to dry off the water that was spilt.

Emma on the other hand was praising me like a queen, because man, people need guts to do something like that with him. I felt proud for a while but later on I started feeling bad for doing that. As the days went by, I stared feeling worse for what I had done, because it did seem like he was mad as we dint interact much.

I thought of going and apologizing for that soon. I accept it was way too much for what he did. But maybe this was just the sum of everything that he had done. Half of the time I dint even do anything back on every pranks he had played.

It's such a bad habit I have to overthink each and everything. I mean this is not a even a big deal and I'm sure he doesn't even care about that anyways.

But later on I dint regret doing that, and instead I regretted feeling bad for him, because what he did next was really out of the limit for me.