Chapter 19

Aspen stared at the beige door in front of her, debating if she wanted to see what was on the other side

Aspen stared at the beige door in front of her, debating if she wanted to see what was on the other side. Her body shook with anticipation and fear of what she was to find. Rocky hands we're clammy as she scrunched the ends of her shirt in her fist.

A nurse was walking past and touched Aspens shoulder, making her turn her head slightly. "Don't be nervous sweetheart. Whoever that person is to you behind that door needs you as much as you need them." The nurse smiled. Rocky returned the smile before facing the door again as the person walked away. Soaking in the kind woman's simple words she placed her shaky hand on the doorknob.

Slowly turning the knob, she took a step inside. A familiar sterile scent flooded her nostrils as she inhaled deeply looking ahead at the curtained bed. Rocky sauntered towards the cloaked bed hearing various noises coming from the many machines in the room. She placed her trembling fingers on the curtain gently sliding it over just enough for her to walk through. Her eyes were fixated down as she didn't think she had enough confidence to look at the man she come to love in such shape.

"Fuck" She mumbled as she threw her head back staring at ceiling. Her heart was beating at a unhealthy rate & she needed to calm her nerves. She hadn't even looked in Reek's direction and she was already thinking the worst. She ran her hands down her face as she took a step closer to the bed.

Rocky ripped her eyes from the vinyl flooring trailing them to the bed. Her eyes widened as a small gasp escaped her lips. Nyier had multiple  cords attached to his body as his head slightly hung to the left with his eyes shut. The blue hospital gown clothed his body so she wasn't able to see his injuries but his face showed it all. He looked drained. His face was dull almost lifeless. She sniffled moving closer to him, wishing that he would've waited for her.

Looking to his right she noticed a chair, she walked around the bed and moved the chair closer to him before taking a seat. She stared him down in despair. The doctor informed her, it was a possibility he wouldn't be up it depended on his body, but she had hoped he was.

Leaning her head on the railing of the bed, she grabbed his hand. Aspen started rubbing small circles on his hand as she closed her eyes absorbing the comfort he gave her. Even in his current state, her heart fluttered knowing that he was okay. God blessed her with more time with him.

"You know you really fucking scared me Nyier." She spoke picturing him on Reggie's basement floor bleeding out. "I-I" Rocky stuttered as her eyes began to burn, fighting her tears. "You don't do no dumb shit like that Reek. You were suppose to wait for me—shit for anybody! You not fucking Superman and clearly you not bullet proof." She grumbled as different emotions began to pile up with her.

"Reek they said you d-died baby. You died on that damn table. When they came out and told us that I felt like my heart was being ripped out my chest lik-like somebody sucked all the air out of the room. The nigga had the nerve to say it was touch and go." She spat through her tears shaking her head. "You 'ont even dig how much you mean to me. Maybe because I don't express it...We haven't even had that much time together and yo-you already stamped in my heart. You bring out another side of me that even I didn't know I had myself." She staggered lowly, glancing at him seeing that he was still fast asleep. She sighed, "You need to wake the fuck up babe. I already imagined our life together so get up now!" She gritted tilting her head to the side staring at him.