ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ʙᴀᴄᴋ

ADONIS

I remember it like yesterday. I woke up with a gnash on my head, my head throbbing painfully. I was lying on a boat, surrounded by strangers. I tried to sit up, but a wave of dizziness washed over me, and I fell back down.

The people on the boat were speaking a language I didn't understand, and I had no idea where I was or how I got there. My mind was a blank slate. The only thing I could remember was the face of a woman. She was beautiful, with long, curly dark hair and piercing green eyes. But who was she? And why was her face the only thing I could remember?

I tried to ask the people on the boat for help, but they didn't seem to understand me. It was frustrating, and I felt lost and alone. I didn't even know my own name, let alone where I came from.

Days turned into weeks, and weeks turned into months. Eventually, I was taken in and given a mechanic job, but I had to learn the fundamentals.

I still felt like I had nowhere to go, no purpose in life. The only thing that kept me going was the hope that one day, I would remember who I was.

It wasn't until years later that I finally got a break. I was watching TV, and a news report came on about a woman named Sienna Romano. The moment I saw her face, everything was clicked into place. She was the woman I had been thinking about for all these years. But why did her face trigger my memory?

I did some research and found out that Sienna was my wife. I remembered something. We had been in an argument, and I had stormed out of the house. The next thing I knew, I was on a plane, and then I woke up on that boat.

It was a bittersweet moment. I was happy to remember somewhat of who I was and who Sienna was, but I was devastated to learn that she had thought I was dead all these years. I knew I had to find her to make things right.

It wasn't easy, but I eventually tracked Sienna down to our old house in Atlanta. The house was huge. As I walked towards the house, I stopped when I saw a little girl run out into the yard with Sienna behind her. The little girl ran into the arms of another man, and Sienna kissed him.

I watched her as they got in the car and drove away.

My wife. I know I was a different man now, but I couldn't stand the fact seeing her with another man. I sat down on the side, walked scrolling through my phone, and read up some more on my old life.

I was a soccer player. There were tons of videos of Sienna and I. I watched every single one and read all the interviews. The little girl was my daughter Kaia, and she was actually a kid model for Sienna's new fashion line. She came a long way without me. She didn't need me.

I needed to talk to Sienna, but I don't think that in public is the best place to do so.

I'll wait, Sienna. I'll never let you go.

~

SIENNA

"Tighten around here." I said, touching to the waist part of the dress.

"Yes, Mrs Romano." Nikki responded.

I've been working hard all day trying to get all the designs ready.

"Um, Mrs Romano. You have a call." My assistant, Virginia, said.

"Take a message." I answered

"Um, actually, I can't." Virginia said nervously.

"Why is that?"

"It's your daughter's school."

I quickly took the phone from her and pressed it to my ear.

"Sienna Romano speaking. Is my daughter alright?" I asked on the verge of panic.

"Mrs Romano, your daughter is being suspended."

"Excuse me, why?" I asked.

"It's better if you come down to the school."

I sighed heavily. "Okay. I will be right there."

I hung up the phone and grabbed my purse. "Nikki, I will check back in."

"Okay, I got it." She said, and I was almost running out of the door.

I quickly got into the elevator and called Zach.

"Hey baby, what's up?" Zach asks.

"Kaia is being suspended." I said, taking a deep breath.

"What, why?"

"I don't know yet. Can you see if you can get the babysitter for tomorrow?" I asked him.

"Yeah, sure. Let me know how it goes."

"Yeah, I will."

I ended the call and ran to my car. All that matters is if Kaia was okay. I got in the car and quickly pulled out of the parking lot.

When I finally arrived at the school, I barged into the office and saw Kaia sitting there.

"Mommy." She said, and I went to hug her immediately.

"Are you okay, baby? What happened?" I asked, brushing her long curly hair from her face.

"Yeah, I'm okay." She said, giving me a small smile.

"Mrs. Romano?" The principal, Lucy, said from behind me.

I stood up and held Kaia's hand. "Can someone tell me what happened?"

"Mrs Romano, your daughter kicked a boy in the groin and punched him in the nose." Lucy said to me, and I glanced down at Kaia.

"He kept making fun of me and cut my hair." Kaia said sweetly.

"So why is my daughter the only one being punished?" I asked angrily.

"The school has a no violence policy."

"He cut her hair!" I yelled.

"Mrs Romano, you have to understand that -"

"No. You will be hearing from my lawyers." I said angrily and walked out with Kaia by my side.

I am protective of Kaia and mabye a little too much sometimes, but she was all I had left of Adonis. She wasn't spoilt she was actually a sweet kid. Sometimes too sweet.

"Good job, baby girl, but next time, stick to either a punch or a kick, not both." I said to her.

"Okay."

I opened the car door and helped her in. I then buckled her into the car seat.

"Do you want to tell me what he was teasing you about?" I asked.

Kaia frowned and played with her fingers.

"I took daddy's picture to school for show and tell, but Connor made fun of me. He told everyone that sharks ate daddy." She said with a tear falling drown her cheek.

I hugged her tightly, and despite my blood literally boiling.

I now have beef with a six year old.

______

Don't forget to leave a comment. I hope you enjoyed

 I hope you enjoyed