ɪᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ

ADONIS

I walked into the dimly lit bar with Zach, following closely behind me. I was stressed about my team and traveling the next day.

We were looking for a good time, a night to let loose and forget about the stresses of our everyday lives. I ordered a beer and took a seat at a high-top table in the corner. Zach sat across from me, nursing a whiskey.

We talked about work and other mundane topics. But then, out of nowhere, Zach said something that made my blood boil.

"Man, Adonis, I gotta say, Sienna is looking fine these days," he said with a lecherous grin.

I felt my jaw clench, and my fists tightened. Sienna was my wife, the love of my life, and the mother of my unborn child. I couldn't believe Zach would say something like that.

"What the hell did you just say?" I growled, my voice low and dangerous.

Zach shrugged, not seeming to understand the gravity of what he had just said. "I mean, she's always been a looker, but she's really been hitting the gym lately, you know?"

I slammed my fist down on the table, causing our drinks to slosh around. "That's my wife you're talking about, Zach. Show some respect."

Zach rolled his eyes. "Come on, man, I'm just saying she looks good. You should be proud to have such a beautiful wife."

I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself down. "It's not about that, Zach. You shouldn't talk about her like that. It's disrespectful to both of us."

Zach waved a hand dismissively. "Okay, okay, I get it. I won't mention her looks again. Geez, you're so touchy."

I could feel my anger rising again. "Touchy? You're the one who can't keep his mouth shut about my wife."

Zach leaned back in his chair, crossing his arms. "Look, Adonis, I didn't mean anything by it. I was just making an observation. You know I would never do anything to disrespect you or your family."

I stared at him for a moment, trying to decide if I believed him. But before I could respond, Zach spoke again.

"Besides, it's not like you don't know how lucky you are to have her. I mean, come on, Adonis, she's a catch. I'm just saying what everyone else is thinking."

That was it. I couldn't take it anymore. I lunged across the table at him, my fist connecting with his jaw. He stumbled backward, falling off his chair and onto the floor.

As we grappled on the ground, throwing punches and trying to gain the upper hand, I couldn't help but feel a sense of regret. I loved Sienna with all my heart, and I knew that nothing could ever come between us. But in that moment, I couldn't control the anger that consumed me.

Eventually, the bouncers intervened, pulling us apart and throwing us out of the bar. I knew that our friendship would never be the same.

"You and I we're done! Stay away from me, and my wife got it!" I shouted, then stormed out of the bar.

I rise up from the hospital bed breathing heavily, and Sienna comes to my side.

So that's why I was so wired that night.

"Hey, you fell asleep after the check-up, so I let you sleep in." She explains.

"Thanks." I say, taking some deep breaths.

"You okay?" She asks worriedly.

Considering how she reacted to my last breakthrough, I don't want to upset her again.

"Yeah, all good." I say to her.

I rubbed my face, still trying to wrap my head around everything.

Suddenly, the doctor re-enters the room. "Okay, Mr Romano, I've got your results back." He says.

"Alright." I answer

"So good news is I don't see any physical reason why you can't resume your career and training." He starts.

"But?" I say, raising my eyebrow.

There's always a but.

"But I suggest you talk to a therapist, someone who can help you deal with the stress of coming back." He says.

"I'm not stressed." I say.

"Uh huh, I find that hard to believe. Mr Romano, you almost died. You lost your memory, then had to struggle to piece your life back together. And then you come back to find everyone you know is different and moved on. If you're not stressed then you are gonna have some PTSD."

I clench at his words. It's true. I know it's wrong, but I feel like the world gave up on me.

"I don't need a shrink." I say to him, and Sienna looks at me concerned.

"Mr Romano, I highly suggest you see a therapist to help you with the trauma and possible ptsd." He presses.

"I'm not traumatized." I say, trying to keep my anger on the low.

"So you've had no outburst? Bad dreams? Trouble sleeping? Panic attacks?"

"No." I lie.

The doctor sighs and hands me a prescription for sleeping pills.

"In case you need them, but I still suggest seeing a therapist." He says.

I take the prescription and shove it into my pocket. "Gee, thanks, doc." I say sarcastically.

He then hands Sienna the forms for us to sign and then leaves the room.

I can tell she wants to say something.

"You think I need a shrink too?" I ask her and got up to dress myself.

"Would that really be such a bad thing?" She asks.

"Yes, it would." I answer.

"Why?"

"Because I'm not broken. I don't need fixing. What I need is to get back to my life." I say, pulling up my pants.

"I never said that, but maybe therapy wouldn't be such a bad idea."

"I don't need therapy." I say to her.

"Look, I did therapy after you... disappeared, and it really helped." She says. "It helped me come to terms with things and eventually move on."

"Yeah, Sienna, I know you moved on, and that's great. It seems like everyone moved on and just erased me from their memories." I say to her.

"I didn't erase you from my memory." She says, and I can see the pity in her eyes.

I don't want to be pitied. I don't want her to see me as a stranger. I want her to see me as me.

"You're right, Sienna. I'm sorry, but I don't need therapy." I say quickly, then pulled my shirt over my head. "Can we go now, please?"

"Yeah." She says softly, and I quickly walk out.

I don't want to deal with this right now.

________

So I couldn't resist making a meme🤣💀 I'm so sorry.