ᴡʜʏ ᴡʜʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ?

ADONIS

I woke up next to Kaia sitting up on my bed and watching cartoons on the TV in my room. How does she even know how to use the remote?

"Hi." She says sweetly.

"Hey, baby girl. How'd you sleep?" I ask.

"Good. Your bed is comfy." She smiles.

"How about we get some breakfast?" I ask.

"Sure."

I stood and stretched.

"Up up." She says, reaching her hands out.

"Aren't you five?" I ask jokingly.

"Yes, but I want up."

I chuckle and lift her into my arms. Kaia and I make our way out of the room and down to the kitchen.

"Woah." Kaia says.

It's Sienna. He hair is all curly and long and partially wet.

"What?" She asks, but Kaia and I both keep staring.

"Your hair... you look beautiful." I say to her and place Kaia on the kitchen island.

"Thanks, but all I did was wash, detangle, and moisturize." She says to me and kisses Kaia's forehead.

"So where's Zach?" I ask sarcastically.

"He went to work early." She answers.

"Hm, interesting." I say.

"Uh huh." She responds. "Okay, bunny, go eat you cereal, then I'll give you your medicine."

"Fine." Kaia says, and I help her down.

Kaia runs into the dining room, and I walk towards Sienna.

"You really do look beautiful." I say to her and tucked some of her hair behind her ear.

She smiles and looks up at me like she's conflicted. She's so close that I can smell the coffee on her breath. Just then something came back to me.

I burst through the door, my anger boiling over. Sienna was in the living room, and as soon as she saw me, she knew something was wrong.

"What's going on?" she asked, concern etched on her face.

I didn't even bother to answer her. I just marched past her and into the kitchen, slamming cabinets and drawers as I searched for something to drink. Sienna followed me, her hand resting on her belly.

"What's wrong, Adonis?" she asked, her voice soft.

I turned to face her, my fists clenched at my sides. "Everything is wrong, Sienna. I can't take it anymore. My coach is an idiot and my team is incompetent, and Zach, he's.... never mind Zach. And with us having to travel tomorrow for the game, I'm just sick of dealing with it all."

Sienna's eyes widened in surprise, and she took a step back. "Okay, calm down. What happened today?"

I launched into a rant, venting about my coaches latest stupid decision and my teams inability to do their jobs correctly. Sienna listened patiently at first, but soon, she was yelling back at me.

"Why do you always have to bring it home with you?" she shouted, her voice rising. "Can't you just leave it on the field and enjoy the time we have together?"

I felt my anger rising again, and I took a step towards her. "You don't understand, Sienna. I can't just turn off my brain and forget about it. It's not that simple."

Sienna's eyes narrowed, and she took a step forward, too. "Well, you need to figure out a way to make it that simple. I can't deal with you being angry all the time, especially now that we have a baby on the way."

I couldn't take it anymore. "You know what, Sienna? Maybe you're right. Maybe I can't change who I am."

Sienna's face twisted in anger, and she raised her voice even louder. She yelled at me for a number of things that didn't have anything to do with what we were arguing about.

"You know what, Sienna, never mind. Next time, I'll just keep my problems to myself. I'm going out for a drive."

"Right, yeah, no problem, just leave me here." She says, throwing her hands in the air.

"Oh my god Sienna what the hell do you want for fucks sake just tell me!"

Tears swelled up in her eyes and I immediately regretted yelling at her. I sighed and tried to hold her, but she pushed me away.

"I fucking hate you. I wish I never married you sometimes." She said to me.

It felt like someone shoved a knife right through my heart. She looked serious. Was I really that terrible of a husband?

"Adonis? Adonis, are you okay?" Sienna asked, snapping me out of my flashback.

"Did we get into a fight?" I ask.

Sienna's face goes pale. "W-what..."

"You were pregnant. And we got into a fight in the living room. Am I remembering that correctly?"

I didn't even think before I started talking. I just felt so confused.

Tears immediately started falling down Sienna's face.

"Shit. I'm sorry." I said quickly.

"Why that? Why'd you have to remember that?" She cried. "I'm so sorry I didn't mean it. I'm sorry I never forgave myself for saying that, please. I'm sorry." She sobbed.

I pulled Sienna into my arms and hugged her tightly. "No, I'm sorry."

"When I thought you died, it was all I could think of. The last words I said to you were something cold and untrue. I'm so sorry I shouldn't have said it. I don't know why I did I just.."

She was panicking into my chest. Like she was afraid I'd yell at her or leave her again.

"Sienna, it's okay. It's in the past. I'm sorry I brought it up."

She continued to sob, and all I could do was hold her. If I knew this was the reaction, I wouldn't have said anything. The last thing I ever want is to hurt Sienna.

"I'm so sorry. Please just say you forgive me. I can't live with the guilt any longer ger please. Just forgive me." She sobbed.

"I forgive you. I promise I forgive you, just please calm down. I'm sorry."

She looked up at me, and I wiped her tears away. Sienna pulled me and pressed her lips to mine. The kiss was heated and passionate.

"I'm sorry." She whispered, then ran upstairs.

____________

I'm not crying. You are.

 You are