Chapter 2: The Search

My father never knew I even existed that is until June 1990. He was vacationing in Florida and happened to bump into Justin Hawk an old friend of both my mother and himself. Both of them couldn't believe the fact that they even bumped into each other, though Justin was even more surprised. "I thought you were killed in a car crash," said Justin. "What!" said my father?

Justin then explained how he also happened to run into Debbie out in Nevada. He had asked her how my father was doing if I hadn't been there at the time my mom would have just told him that she left my dad, but instead, I, who at the time was 7 years old, informed the gentleman that my dad was killed in a car wreck. So that his how he came to believe my dad was dead. This is how my dad found out about me. He asked Justin if I and my mom were still out there or not, but Justin didn't know for sure.

Later that afternoon after trying to find the best private eye he sat down with Jim Franklin. My father told him everything from high school to the run in with Justin Hawk. Well Jim was pretty straight forward and told him that there might be a chance that she does not still live in Nevada but was a good starting point. So, Jim and my dad both went to Nevada to a small town named Red Creek. To my dad's misfortune, mom and I moved 3 weeks after our run in with Mr. Hawk. My father and Jim asked about my mom and me and there was several who knew her but none of them knew where she went. The people who seemed to know her best said that she was on the run from the law and that she was heavy into drugs. She and I had come to Red Creek on Jan 23rd, 1989 and left on May 9th 1989. So, she wasn't there long before she moved on. Jim did manage to find where they came from before their stay at Red Creek, Las Vegas.

In Las Vegas they came across the hospital where I was born at and also got a copy of my birth certificate. They also found out that she was wanted by the local police for drug and prostitution charges. Well, the lead turned cold and Jim told my dad that he would try and find new leads and when he did that, he would call him immediately. So, my dad went back home to Michigan.

                                                   <><><><><><><><><><>