Chapter 30

Ling Wei turn to her mother and grandmother and said

"Mother! Grandmother! Quick call a physician! we should check Dad's health first!"

she lead her father inside but stop and said

"i-i think we should let Dad in the inn first. i-I'm worried about Dad's rest?"

then without waiting for the elders' answer, she leads her father to the inn beside their shop.

she opens a room then let her dad lie down while babbling

"Dad you rest here for now while waiting for the physician! Are you hungry?"

then turn to Ling Han

"Han-han go back and pack the remaining food we have! go quick okay?"

then to Ling He

"wait mother and grandmother outside"

then turn to her dad again

"Dad, are you thirsty? wait a bit okay?"

then she run outside without waiting for the man's reply.

Ling Wei close the door and glanced at the room and whisper

"He is not our dad"

Ling He and Ling Han pause and look at her with reden eyes,

Ling Wei lead them outside then said

"d-don't tell this to mom and grandma okay? t-trust me"

the boys nod, they trust their sister unconditionally, although it's uncomfortable but, they will follow her.

Ling Wei whisper something to her brothers then they hurriedly left.

after a while, Ding Cui and Cheng Waner arrive with a bearded old man.

Ling Wei pull the old man and hurriedly said

"sir physician please check my father! he is back from the dead!"

the old man froze although confused, still, follow her.

Ding Cui and Cheng Waner's mind is floating so whatever Ling Wei said, they can only follow.

the physician seriously check Ling Cong's pulse then after a while he said

"mister is fine! there is no sickness or anything! he is very healthy"

Ding Cui and Cheng Waner's hearts finally settled

"that's good! my dad is really back! thank you, sir doctor! my dad was missing for a year now! we thought that he is dead!"

Ling Wei said tearfully then add

"it is good that he is not injured or anything!"

the physician didn't know what to say, so after receiving the money he thanked them and left.

Cheng Waner and Ding Cui were about to move but Ling Wei exclaim

"grandma! mom! we should let Dad change his clothes and let him rest for now! we can ask him later!"

"Wei-er dad is fine! no need to worry"

the daughter and mother-in-law froze then look at Ling Cong, Ling Wei seemingly not noticing anything just continue

"Dad you are already here! we can ask anything later on okay? just rest for now"

then let him lie and leave him alone.

she lead the two elders out then happily said

"I will go to Aunt Fu to buy some clothes for Dad! Mother and grandmother let's have a feast today okay? cook father's favorite! all of them!"

"but who will stay with your father?"

Cheng Waner ask worriedly

"Ling Han and Ling He will be here later, don't worry!"

then she giggles again, she looks extremely happy, which makes the elders smile.

Cheng Waner and Ding Cui cook all of Ling Cong's favorites then hurriedly bring them to the inn.

Ling Cong has long been woken up and chattering with Ling Han and Ling He.

they brought the foods they cook then serve Ling Cong.

"Dad eat! I know you miss Mom's cooking the most!"

Ding Cui's hand never rests and keeps on serving her son.

"Mom there is no need! I can do it myself"

he said helplessly but there is a flash of annoyance and disgust in his eyes.

he look up and was startled to see Ling Wei keep looking at him with an unreadable smile plastered on her lips.

"Dad this is all of your favorites! vegetable dishes! because of you being a hunter, you build a certain disgust towards meat"

Ling Wei said Ling Cong's hands tremble, he look around then noticed the slight doubt in their eyes he explain sadly

"the battleground is hard! We have to get stronger so I have to learn to eat meat"

Ling Wei smiles brightly.

"It's good then! Grandma is really worried about you being picky! I remember before that you'd rather die than eat meat dishes! it's good that it's cured now!"

Ling Cong become flustered then picks a fish.

Ling Wei saw this and her eyes squint then start eating because Cheng Waner and Ding Cui are a little absent-minded so they didn't see that Ling Cong has eaten a lot of fish.

when the fish is almost finished only then Ding Cui react

"Cong-er! Did you forget that you will feel sick after eating fish!?"

Ling Cong paused then look up in panic, Ling Wei hurriedly calm her grandma

"Grandma I think father's reaction towards fish is also cured! you see? before once he ate fish there will be a reaction just after a few minutes, but looking at the time now, Dad is still fine right?"

Ling Cong calmed himself then said vaguely

"my life was really miserable so I don't have a choice"

because of his hard life so he has to overcome his disgust towards meat and allergy to fish!

that is right! Ling Cong has a fish allergy! That is why she specifically asks Ling He to buy one!

"Dad as long as you are back! let's not talk about those sad things okay?"

"Wei-er is right! Mother, Wan-wan stop thinking okay?"

Ding Cui and Cheng Waner stiffen, especially Cheng Waner, there is sadness and pain in her eyes.

while eating the Ling Siblings keep chattering happily, ignoring the weird atmosphere.

after the meal, Ding Cui said

"Ling Cong you rest well okay? stay here for a while"

"Mother I can stay in the shop! I can help"

Ding Cui shook her head

"you need to rest well! we are worried about you being disturbed!"

Ling Cong is reluctant so he insists

"Mother the physician said that I am well, aren't I? There is no need to worry about me! cant I help?"

"we know but Mother is still worried! Ling Cong listen to mother okay? just a few days, after that you can help"

Cheng Waner gently convinces him.

in the end, Ling Cong stayed while the others leave.