Chapter 50

"That boy is lucky to have her as a sister, says teacher, what can we give her? I want to reward her with a title"

She already gave a lot to the country.

"your majesty, allow me to say something"

"go ahead, teacher"

Shu Qi deeply sigh first before start explaining

"the girl doesn't want any trouble, we can't give her anything that can cause unrest in her life, she is not interested in anything except making whatever she wants and we also can't promote his brother because she won't like it"

"I know that, but I still want to repay her"

"then your majesty how about protection?"

The emperor paused and then agreed

"but how can we do that without her being trouble?"

"your majesty, why not make them the royal merchant?"

The emperor looks at Shu Qi with a smile

"yes! Royal merchant! With this title, we can also protect her openly! No one will dare to think about her business"

Shu Qi nodded, he already heard about those green eyes people that are eyeing Ling Wei's properties.

With this, no one will dare to make a move.

Ling Wei was taking a break when a carriage from the palace arrive

Ling Wei was aroused from her bed by Momo Chang and hurriedly tidy up her appearance.

"accept the decree matriarch Ling"

Ding Cui is still confused but still moves forward.

They all knelt and accept the decree

"Pertaining to the meritorious deed of the Ling family by helping the poor people, the Ling family has bestowed a title named Royal Merchant"

And so on, Ling Wei's mouth twitched, what the heck is a royal merchant?

After the decree bestowal, they finally stand up.

Ding Cui asks the eunuch to come in for some refreshments but he politely declines so Cheng Waner hands him a small pouch instead.

The eunuch smile widely, after congratulating them and giving the awards accompanied by the decree he left stealthily.

Cheng Waner and Ding Cui gave rewards to everyone.

The servants congratulated them and then went back to their positions.

"Weiwei, what do you think is this about?"

Cheng Waner finally ask

"Mother maybe it is because of the things we sent for the soldiers? I am not sure either, we better just wait for Master Shu and ask him"

They did not wait long, just right after saying it he came, Ling Wei look at him coldly and ask

"master mind telling me what is happening?"

Everything should be secret right? Then what is this nonsense title?

Shu Qi detects Ling Wei's anger so he hurriedly explains

"I swear I did not say anything! It was his majesty's intelligence that he knows everything instantly, he wanted to give you a title as a token of appreciation but I strongly refused it on your behalf so I suggest the title, this is for the whole Ling family, and this is also a protection amulet for your business"

"Master, what does it mean?"

Ding Cui asks nervously, is the business Ling Wei built so hard in danger?

Shu Qi looks at their nervous face of the Ling then explain

"yes, this is my most concern about you, you are all very naive, capital is a man-eating place, a lot of people are already eyeing your fortune, and they will do anything to devour you, because of the decree, no one will dare anymore"

Ling Wei purses her lips then finally smile

"master sorry for misunderstanding you, and thank you for your thoughtfulness really thank you so much"

Shu Qi laugh seeing the genuine gratitude of the little girl

"no need to thank me, it should us thanking you, this thing is nothing compared to the help you gave"

Ling Wei laugh awkwardly, she really did not know what kind of help she provide, papers and candles were bought by them, and both of them profited from it so there is no need to thank her for it right?

And teaching the people around her is not much of an effort! She just suggested it to one of the servants and they hurriedly taught them, it was not her who made an effort! And besides what is drying the vegetables? It is very easy okay?

Cheng Waner keep Shu Qi for dinner and the latter agreed without a second thought.

The news of the Ling family bestowed a title, but the reactions were different.

Some are happy but a lot were not.

Those nobles who were ready to move anytime to swallow the Ling family were frightened by the sudden move of the emperor.

The protection amulet is effective, but they are confused about why he is willing to put them under his wing?

Thinking about the importance of the Ling family, the others shiver, they only hope that the emperor won't know their plan.

"say how can we make them come to our side?"

The 4th prince asked his confidants

"This family didn't like to be closed with any royal or nobles"

"any proof?"

"your highness, Madam Zhou and Madam Fu become their friends, but not once they reach out to them of their own accord but it is always the other way around, and they are making sure that they are keeping an appropriate distance from them, they are really careful to those nobles and royals"

Long Ming De squint his eyes, Long Yi Sheng managed to get close to them because of the paper, if the father emperor only sent him maybe it was him who can be friends with the Ling family.

He gritted his teeth and calmed himself, regrets won't be helpful.

His achievements are not enough to be the crown prince, he needs more and if can rope the Ling family on his side, he believes he can achieve a lot.

But this conclusion is not his alone, all the other princes who want to compete with the crown prince title wanted to do the same.

They are not blind, they all can see that the emperor and even the empress dowager are putting great importance to this family.