Chapter 86

After a month of vacation, the soldiers were summoned back to the capital.

Ling Bin although reluctant still insists on them staying there in the village far from the wolf.

So he departed with Xiong Tian and his family together with Ping Mu and Fusi leaving Ling Wei alone with her family.

But her life became rather busy as well.

Sang Momo start her princess training.

All the etiquette has to be practiced and palace rules have to be learned.

She will train in the morning, study in the afternoon, and help with embroidery at night.

The family felt pity for her so Cheng Waner and Ding Cui decided to stop her from embroidery work but Ling Wei insisted

"I will get married only once in my lifetime so I want to know everything so when I give birth to a daughter, I can also teach her what you taught me"

So the mother-daughter-in-law finally stopped persuading her.

When Long Yi Sheng received the report all the fatigue for these few days vanished instantly.

His wife is working extra hard for their upcoming wedding.

He laughed and giddily imagined a daughter exactly like her mother, this put him in a very good mood.

After a month Lin Wei is finally over in learning the palace rules and etiquette.

She herself made her wedding gown design.

There were gasps of amazement after showing everyone her drawn design.

At the bottom of the dress, there are 9 carp fish swimming and 8 lotus flowers on top of them.

Then at the back is the back of the golden phoenix with wings spread out in front dress, the golden tail coiled around the hips, and its neck is on the left shoulder while its head is resting on the left chest.

It was like a phoenix hugging the bride, and once the sleeves spread, there were also Phoenix wings drawn on it, so it would look like a phoenix spreading out its wings.

And there are tiny peonies scattered everywhere.

On the shoes, there is double happiness and two more phoenixes on the outer side, and more peonies on the other side.

After 3 days later Ling Wei received a secret note

'wife I also want a design like yours'

It says Ling Wei's eyes set ablaze she knows who is it from,  she recognized the handwritten then she replied

'why are you spying on me? '

And burn the note angrily.

Exactly 3 days another note came

'wifey it is not spying, they are there for protection, and please my sweetheart don't cut off my source of happiness okay?'

Ling Wei blushed, what source of happiness? Source of entertainment maybe!

'don't make an excuse for your habit of voyeurism! I will draw a design for you as long as you promise me no more spying on me! "

Long Yi Sheng laughed at her last message, his little darling is so innocent!

He can say that he will promise her and keep on waiting for news about her but she trusted her this much so it better not

'then no need to draw something for me'

Ling Wei gritted her teeth after reading the last note! She burned the letter and did not reply anymore.

After another month, the capital exam will start so they decided to return to the capital as quietly as they can be.

Her engagement with the crown prince is already spread out, she doesn't want to look like a rare species that is watched by everybody.

But right after they enter the gate of the capital, a procession of royal guards standing there.

When they heard that it was them they shouted all together

"We welcome Miss Ling Wei and her family's return to the capital"

So the crowd who was hovering around to snoop some story finally found out what is it all about

"ooh! It is the Ling family! Miss Wei welcome back! "

"what is going on? "

Ling Wei finally asked

"Welcome back to the capital, patriarch Ling, Madam Ling, and Miss Ling, is the travel smooth? "

Asked the all-too-familiar voiced

"greetings to your Highness crown prince! "

The crowd said and was about to kneel but Long Yi Sheng stopped them

"no need for this, I just want to escort my fiance to their house, no need to alight from the carriage"

The ladies silently scream, while envying Ling Wei.

The Ling family who was about to leave the carriage stop

"Greetings to Your Highness, sorry for the inappropriate way of saluting"

Ling Wei slowly said

"it is fine! No need to sweat over this, then can we continue moving?"

Ling Wei just said yes so the carriage with the royal guards started moving.

"Weiwei, are you tired? "

Long Yi Sheng said after a while

"thanking the crown prince for his concern but this commoner is well"

Long Yi Sheng's raise his right eyebrow

"Okay, my dear, who made you angry?"

Ling Wei finally explode

"Who is your dear? Can't you see that we wanted to come as quietly as we can so that is why we used the most ordinary carriage and yet you! "

She angrily said and did not know how to finish her words because of her anger

"Weiwei, I have to show everyone that our relationship is stable! There are a lot of women eyeing me! I have to show them that I am happily engaged! "

"another excuse again! You just want to show off! "

He is using her to show off in public how loving he is!

"of course! I have to show off my future wife! My sweetheart don't think too much okay? We have not seen each other for 3 months! Can you not get mad at me over this? "

Ling Wei took a deep breath then a fake cough interrupted them

"you two! Can you please do not act like you are already a married couple? "

Ding Cui said that made Ling Wei blush

"who is acting like a married couple with him?!"

Long Yi Sheng chuckled and apologized.

Ding Cui and Cheng Waner glance at each other with a smile in their eyes.

As long as they have a good relationship then everything will be fine!

They are gratified that Long Yi Sheng remains the same in how he is treating Ling Wei.