Chapter 129

Qu Yan chose a private room and started ordering, While waiting for the food Qu Yan excused herself.

Hu Yi Sheng who sat opposite Ling Wei suddenly coughs to call her attention.

Ling Wei put down her mobile phone and faced him.

"I heard from my dad that Mr. Hu is too busy, to the point that meeting him is impossible"

Hu Yi Sheng cleared his throat and answer

"I am busy most of the time"

Ling Wei raised her eyebrow

"Then you having leisure time right now is truly surprising, maybe you can arrange a meeting with my parents later to cancel our joke engagement"

Hu Yi Sheng pinched the bridge of his nose

"It was my fault, I am sorry"

Ling Wei laughs humorless

"As I said yesterday, I don't need your apology"

"Then what should I do? It was intentional okay? Turning down your father's request for every meeting is not my fault entirely"

Ling Wei sigh

"There is nothing to explain to me, it was my father who you acted disrespectfully, Explain to him"

"Then are you going to forgive me if I do that?"

Ling Wei knit her eyebrows

"Why will I? You did nothing wrong to me, we are completely unrelated and totally strangers"

Hu Yi Sheng sighed deeply

"Then tell me what I did wrong? Are you acting like a prickly porcupine at me"

Ling Wei looked straight into his eyes and asked back

"Do we know each other well? Except for that bogus engagement, I don't know you!"

"Then why i am feeling that I know you? Why do I have this strange reaction when I am near you? Why do I have this feeling that we are not strangers and unrelated but, we know each other better?"

Ling Wei was taken aback she did not expect this! But remembering the strange rumors about him and a certain famous actress she denied her conclusion

"Why are you asking me? I am not a psychiatrist! Maybe you should check your brain"

Hu Yi Sheng chuckle

"Maybe I am truly crazy, but ever since I saw you yesterday, I can't help it, my mind keeps on thinking about you"

Ling Wei was dumbfounded then decided to ignore him again

"Anyway I will prove you wrong"

He said resolutely making Ling Wei confused, What he will prove to her?

Ling Wei was glad that Qu Yan finally came ending the weird atmosphere.

After the meal, Ling Wei left the room to go to the washroom.

"What does Weiwei like the most?"

Hu Yi Sheng suddenly asked making Qu Yan choke on a water

"Weiwei? I did not know that both of you are that close"

"Just answer my question"

He said impatiently making Qu Yan snort

"Weiwei cannot mix with the likes of you, such a pure and spotless person will be wasted if she ends up in your hand! You a person with a lot of scandals especially about a certain female actress couldn't possibly be with Ling Wei"

"What do you mean?"

He asked in a displeased tone

"Did you know why they, no it's actually we are adamant to cancel your engagement? That is because of your scandal, Weiwei is innocent. Her family has been a laughingstock of the whole circle thanks to you! Have you not realized that?"

Hu Yi Sheng paused, then his mobile phone rang, Seeing the caller he frown

"Ooh! See? She even knows your private number,  Weiwei and her family suffered enough, don't add more to their pain, yesterday I know you heard her cry, she a strong girl who just burst into tears, It was my first time seeing her like that, and it was heartbreaking, she can smile and laugh now, but I know deep inside she is still enduring the pain, her family is her bottom line and you crossed it multiple times"

Qu Yan paused to breathe and continued

"She deserves better than this, you will never deserve her"

Hu Yi Sheng silently stares at Qu Yan, Ever since he could remember, nobody talked to him impudently liked this girl in front of him, but surprisingly he is not mad, instead there is warmth, he can feel her deep concern and love towards Ling Wei.

"I know what to do"

He only says making Qu Yan dumbfounded, she did not ask further because Ling Wei came back.

"Let us go?"

"You two go ahead, I still have something to do"

Hu Yi Sheng said making Qu Yan snort

"Of course! Your girlfriend just called, you need to comfort her because you did not answer her call"

"I do not have a girlfriend"

But Qu Yan ignored him and pulled the silent Ling Wei away.

When Ling Wei heard that a girl called him, she only looked down to hide her feelings and let Qu Yan pull her away.

"Sir the bill has been paid"

The server said when Hu Yi Sheng attempted to pay their bill.

Hu Yi Sheng coldly retracted his card and left without a word.

"You paid our bill?"

Qu Yan asked after leaving the restaurant

"What is wrong with that?"

She asked back

"You should let him pay"

Ling Wei laughed and reasoned with her

"I have money, I do not want to owe him anything"

Qu Yan looked at her intently, but Ling Wei acted nonchalantly so she just nodded in agreement.

"Sir, Miss Li is waiting for you inside your office"

Hu Yi Sheng became more displeased and asked coldly

"Who gave any of you a right to decide who can enter my office?"

The secretary froze in fear

"Who let her in?"

He asked angrily

"M-me, I am deeply sorry sir"

"You are fired"

He said to the secretary while marching in

"Yi Sheng! Please don't blame Secretary Ma, I insisted"

"Who allowed you to call me by my name? And who do you think you are to interfere with my business? Know your place!"

Li Fei's eyes widened in shock, although he always rebuked her but never in public, it was the first time he had done this to her.

Before Hu Yi Sheng could not bear to see her eyes redden, But after meeting Ling Wei, he could not bear her to misunderstand him any longer.