Chapter 1: The First Mysterious Notice Letter

Gotham City Police Department's rooftop.

Commissioner James Gordon stood next to a giant lighted spotlight, shining the iconic bat symbol into the dark sky.

Across from him, a somewhat goofy-looking teenager was staring at a card full of words.

The teenager was wearing a red short-sleeved shirt, green gloves and pants, a yellow cape, and a black mask that covered half of his face.

The bright red, green, and yellow colors made him look like he had just escaped from a circus and forgot to change his costume.

He called himself Robin, the student, assistant, and partner of Batman.

"The last drop of water falls in the transparent bottle,

A newborn fish leaps out of the dried-up bottle,

The trapped angel weeps in sorrow,

When the flipped "L" appears on top of the tower,

Silver-white wings descend guided by moonlight,

Wiping away the angel's tears.

Yours sincerely, Phantom Thief Kid."

Robin finished reading the contents of the card, and his eyes showed a strange look.

"Commissioner, are you sure this isn't some kind of new prank? Or did the Riddler escape from Arkham?"

"No, this isn't a prank, and the Riddler hasn't escaped either,"

Commissioner Gordon said with a serious gaze.

"About a week ago, Phantom Thief Kid sent a notice letter to the art museum. The museum staff thought it was a prank, so they didn't report it. But a few days later, they discovered that a bracelet with diamonds had been stolen, and the same card was left at the scene."

"Today, he sent another notice, along with the jewelry he stole last time. This time, the notice is more riddle-like and difficult to understand, and we've only figured out part of the meaning."

Robin asked in surprise, "So, does it mean he returned what he stole items? Why would he do that?"

"Maybe he was angry that no one paid attention to his notice, or maybe he didn't really want the jewels but had another purpose. Who knows what he's up to?"

Gordon shook his head. "After so many years of working on cases in Gotham, I've stopped asking 'why.'"

"Well, I'll keep this card with me for now, and I'll figure out its meaning,"

Robin said, putting away the card and preparing to leave the rooftop.

"You've been alone during this time. Where is Batman?"

Gordon asked as Robin walked away.

"Batman is busy with other things, he's not in Gotham right now. You know, he has a team now, and I don't mean our old duo, but a big team."

"The Justice League, right? I understand," Gordon replied.

"Don't worry, Commissioner, Gotham still has me. I can help you catch this copycat Riddler."

Robin patted his chest, showing a confident smile.

After speaking, he jumped off the edge of the rooftop and disappeared into the night.

...

Meanwhile, in a single-family house in Gotham City.

In a dimly lit room, a handsome young boy had a blindfold tied around his eyes.