Chapter 18: Security Measures

A woman that can be bought isn't worth having.

- Wilson Fisk (Daredevil)

...

Poor Tom hadn't even had time to react before everything went black, and he passed out.

Dean quickly lifted the unconscious Tom onto his shoulders, then took out a Grappling Gun and fired it towards the top floor of the hotel, taking both of them up to the rooftop.

When he visited the hotel before, Dean saw that the hotel's roof was empty and that there were no stairs or elevators to enter the hotel.

While there was a ventilation shaft that could reach the 25th-floor Presidential Suite, it only had one exclusive elevator in the Presidential Suite that can go directly to the first floor, which needed a special keycard to activate.

So Dean couldn't use the ventilation shaft to sneak into the auction.

However, the rooftop still had some advantages for Dean to use.

One was that no one would come up here, so he could safely leave the unconscious Tom on the rooftop.

"You'd better get some more breaks."

Dean laid Tom down in the center of the rooftop and took out a small sleeping pill from his pocket, placing it in Tom's mouth for him to hold.

The sleeping pill was specially made to melt quickly when held in the mouth without causing any strong effects.

After sleeping for five or six hours, He will likely wake up.

Next, Dean took off Tom's coat and trousers and put them on himself. He then took out the face mask he had made a few days ago and put it on.

During his investigation of the area, Dean noticed that Tom was usually the one responsible for taking out the garbage.

Then he found that almost every time, the person who came out to take out the garbage was Tom.

Based on Tom's age, it wasn't hard to figure out that he was an intern who had just started doing odd jobs for two and a half months.

So Dean had prepared Tom's mask in advance, which happened to come in handy now.

But even if it wasn't Tom coming out to take out the trash, it wouldn't be a big problem.

Dean always carried two or three semi-finished faceless masks, which he could use to create anyone's face on the spot, just to deal with this situation.

"Cough-cough—I really need a good break... I really need a good break, Perfect!"

After changing into Tom's clothes and putting on the mask, Dean cleared his throat and imitated Tom's voice perfectly.

In just two sentences, the sounds became so similar that it was impossible for the human ear to determine who was who.

Returning to the ground, Dean used Tom's I.D Card to open the hotel's back door and walked inside, holding the trash can that Tom had taken out.

...

Gotham International Hotel, at the entrance.

A black Rolls-Royce Phantom pulled up and stopped in front of the red carpet.

Dick Grayson is dressed in a formal suit, and Alfred gets out of the back seat and the driver's seat, respectively.

The valet immediately approached and replaced Alfred as the driver, taking the car to the parking lot.