Chapter 6: The Farewell Gift

At the moment when Phantom Thief Kid showed the pocket watch, the power in the museum was suddenly restored.

On each floor, in every exhibition hall, all the lights brightened, and the once-dark surroundings were instantly filled with light.

The spotlight that was shining on Phantom Thief Kid had already been turned off.

When people's eyes adapted to the darkness and suddenly entered a bright environment, there would be a short moment of bad vision.

In other words, at the moment when the lights in the museum were restored, everyone in the building lost sight of Phantom Thief Kid.

Even Robin, who was trained, was soon blinded by the sudden change.

"Goodbye, Wonder Boy."

At that moment, Phantom Thief Kid's voice drifted into Robin's ears.

As soon as the voice faded, Robin's vision immediately returned.

He immediately turned his head towards Phantom Kid and then heard a loud thud. Suddenly, a cloud of smoke enveloped him in front of him.

Strangely, this cloud of smoke only lasted a very short time before dissipating.

Maybe a second or two, or even less than a second?

Basically, when Robin saw the smoke engulfing the Phantom Thief Kid, the smoke was already showing signs of dissipating.

Robin didn't know what Phantom Thief Kid planned for using this kind of smoke bomb that would dissipate quickly.

The two are in the center of the exhibition hall, not too far from any of the four walls.

It was almost impossible for Phantom Thief Kid to escape before the smoke cleared.

The museum's entrance was behind Phantom Thief Kid, and there were more than a dozen security guards there.

Although they had just been knocked out of their weapons, they would have enough time to get their guns now.

Not to mention the other security personnel from other floors were also rushing over here.

Robin didn't believe that Phantom Thief Kid's skills could take down so many people in such a short time.

If Phantom Kid didn't go through the main entrance but planned to go around and jump out the window from the opposite side, he would run with Gordon and the GCPD.

Even if these two reasons were put aside, Robin had the most simple and direct evidence.

That is, he hadn't heard any footsteps and hadn't seen anyone appear from the smoke.

In other words, in theory, Phantom Thief Kid should be hiding within the range of the smoke.

But is that really the case?

Robin didn't think so.

It doesn't make any sense to throw a smoke bomb that would quickly dissipate in no time and then stay in the same spot.

It couldn't disturb the opponent or help him escape. Why would Phantom Thief Kid go through all this trouble?

There must be a dummy in it!

Just like the dummy that appeared in the sky above the museum earlier, which was used to draw everyone's attention.

Sure enough, when the smoke cleared, Phantom Thief Kid, who was supposed to be inside the smoke, disappeared without a trace.