Chapter 5: Kid and Robin

The gunshots suddenly rang out, but Dean remained unfazed as if he had expected it.

At almost the exact moment the gunshots sounded, or perhaps even a split second before, Dean had already reacted.

Dean quickly turned to face the direction of the bullet coming and quickly grabbed a corner of his cloak, raising it high to cover his whole body.

As the pure white cloak covered Dean's entire body, the bullets that were shot at him hit the cloak.

However, the powerful bullets didn't penetrate through the cloak.

Instead, they were bounced off as if they had hit an extremely elastic object. And the kinetic energy of these bullets seemed to disappear suddenly.

They didn't fly off at high speed but instead fell just two meters in front of Dean with a tinkling sound.

Meanwhile, Phantom Thief Kid's white cloak remained clean and unmarked.

After blocking the bullets, Dean didn't stop moving.

With his right hand, he smoothly pulled the cloak back behind him with his right hand, while quickly flickering with his left hand towards the group of people firing their guns.

Whoosh!

Whoosh!

Whoosh!

In an instant, several playing cards flew out from Dean's hand, shooting towards each gun in front of him with astonishing speed and force.

The trajectory of the playing cards was incredible as if they had a life of their own. Each card accurately and precisely knocked down a gun.

"What! How is that possible?"

Everyone who witnessed this scene was astonished, especially the group of people who had seriously attacked Phantom Thief Kid.

If they hadn't experienced it personally, they wouldn't have believed that playing cards could have a strong force.

The Phantom Thief Kid's bulletproof cloak wasn't the most surprising thing.

After all, in this day and age, there are all sorts of lightweight bulletproof materials that can withstand bullets.

What was truly shocking was Phantom Thief Kid's inhuman reflexes speed, his calm composure, and the fact that he used his hand to catch the bullets with the cloak without getting injured.

Not only did he avoid injury, but he also managed to knock down multiple guns by just playing cards in the hands of more than a dozen people at once.

Just playing cards!

Who could do something like this?

"Who fired the shots without authorization?"

On the other side, Gordon was furious at the unexpected gunshots, his face gloomy as if it could drip water.

Since an art museum is a public place with hundreds of citizens in the exhibition hall, Gordon previously strictly instructed his subordinates to wait for orders before shooting their guns inside.

He knew what Gotham's police officers could do if left wild.

Once he saw the shooter of the other person, Gordon's expression improved slightly, but he was still dissatisfied.

It turned out that the person who had fired was not from the GCPD but rather an armed security guard in the museum.

Unlike the GCPD officers, the security guards employed by the museum didn't have to follow Gordon's orders.

DC: Phantom Thief Kidजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें