Chapter 14: Discussion of the Notice

"Everyone is the main character of their own life."

- Phantom Thief Kid

...

"This is Gotham Channel 7, I'm your host, Recie White, and we have an urgent news update."

"About an hour ago, the Phantom Thief Kid, who stole Tears of an Angel', appeared at Gotham International Hotel. Many witnesses reported seeing Phantom Thief Kid gliding through the air with his winged glider while showering the area with many cards. These cards were written in several paragraphs like riddles."

"It is rumored that before stealing the 'Tears of an Angel Ruby,' Phantom Thief Kid had sent similar cards to an art museum. We have reason to believe that these notices are his way of announcing his next performance."

"It is worth mentioning that not long ago, Phantom Thief Kid handed over the stolen 'Tears of Angel' to the famous reporter Vicki Vale, who then handed the gem over to the GCPD, which eventually returned it to the museum."

"There are so many unsolved mysteries about Phantom Thief Kid. He dresses in luxury clothes, is bold in his actions, and doesn't shy away from public attention when he steals. He even discards the stolen one he got, which begs the question of why."

"Why would Phantom Thief Kid willingly give up such a priceless gem? What is the true motive behind his theft? And why did he choose to deliver the gem to Vicki Vale? Is there a hidden connection between them? What kind of treasure has Phantom Thief Kid been targeting at this time?"

"All these questions may be answered when Phantom Thief Kid makes his next appearance. Let's keep an eye out for that."

"Lastly, if any citizens can decipher the contents of Phantom Kid's notices, don't hesitate to contact the GCPD. We appreciate your contribution to Gotham's safety."

After the urgent news broadcast ends, the TV continues broadcasting the original program.

However, Dean's attention is not on the TV at this time.

"The news about the notice has been spreading. Last time, I had the advantage of inside information, so the process was easy. I wonder how they will come after me this time..."

Dean pondered with his head lowered. His current target is entirely different from Tears of an Angel.

Not only is there a huge difference in value, but the enemies are also different.

The mastermind behind the world's largest pink diamond, "Pink Fantasy," was none other than Gotham's underground kingpin, Penguin.

Although Penguin does not want to get involved in the fake diamond situation, but he sends his trusted subordinate, Ignatius.

Dean won't underestimate his opponent because of this, especially since there might be even more tough people getting involved.

However, he wouldn't give up on his plan because of this.

'I sent the letter of notice with a lot of attention, this move is a clear threat to law and order in Gotham. The GCPD will definitely take me more seriously now, and knowing Gordon, he will most likely demand full control of the hotel's security.'

Dean pondered and repeatedly confirmed the possibility of his plan.

'By then, with Gordon's strong control, Penguin's subordinates will have limited space to operate. They might even start fighting each other as soon as they meet.'

'And then there's Robin. He can send multiple supervillains to Arkham Asylum alongside Batman. His abilities are undeniable, and..."

If he made things worse, is there a chance he could get Batman's attention?