Chapter 11: Returning Tears of an Angel

The crumpled paper turned out to be a letter from the Phantom Thief Kid.

Vicki was shocked. She clearly remembered that there was nothing on the table before Norris put the cup of coffee down.

Without wasting any time, Vicki immediately rushed out of the office to look for Norris.

At that moment, she had only one thought in her mind, 'If I could interview Phantom Thief Kid in person, then...'

Unfortunately, there were many people coming and going in the hallway, and she couldn't find the person she was looking for.

Vicki thought for a moment and went to the front desk on the floor, asking, "Lily, have you seen Norris?"

The receptionist glanced at Vicki in surprise and asked, "Vicki, do you know where Norris's ID card is?"

"ID card?"

Vicki didn't understand at first.

"Yes, Norris called me just now and said he was stopped at the entrance because he couldn't find his ID card."

The receptionist explained.

"Wait, let me get this straight. Norris is currently stuck outside the company's gate, and he lost his ID?"

Vicki asked with a puzzled look.

"I remember seeing him when I checked in this morning. Wasn't he inside the company all the time?"

"Oh, right, you don't know about this. Norris went downstairs to the café half an hour ago to buy coffee. I heard he bought it especially for you. His ID must have been lost there, but he said that he searched all over the coffee shop and couldn't find it."

The receptionist tilted her head and thought.

"So, Norris had to ask for my help to call the security to let him in."

The receptionist continued, and then she furrowed her brow as if trying to recall something.

"But there's something strange. I thought I saw someone who looks a lot like Norris coming in just now. He also had a coffee in his hand, and I thought it was him who came back, but it wasn't. Maybe I was mistaken."

"Stop! That's the person!"

Vicki interrupted the receptionist and asked urgently, "Did you see this person who looks like Norris leave?"

"No."

The receptionist replied with certainty, "I'm sure that person hasn't left yet, at least not when I last saw him."

Upon hearing those words, Vicki knew that she had no chance of catching up with the Phantom Thief Kid.

She remembered the coffee that Phantom Thief Kid had sent in and the message of the note.

She thanked the receptionist and immediately returned to her office.

As soon as she entered the room, Vicki picked up the coffee pot and rushed to the sink, and poured the coffee little by little.

As the dark coffee poured out of the pot, the transparent coffee pot revealed its full items.

She saw a teardrop-like, bright ruby ​​wrapped in a sealed film, lying quietly on the bottom of the pot.

The ruby was put at the bottom with a sticky material, so it wouldn't fall out even if the glass pot was turned upside down, preventing the ruby from accidentally pouring out when pouring the coffee.

"This is... the Tears of an Angel!"

Vicki exclaimed in surprise as she looked at the ruby at the bottom of the glass pot. She didn't suspect that the Phantom Thief Kid might have replaced it with a fake.