Chapter 7: Store

"Hmm... this thing looks pretty nice."

In a quiet and deserted alley, Dean took out the Tears of an Angel and pretended to admire the ruby under the moonlight.

The tear-shaped ruby reflected a faint halo under the moonlight, creating a beautiful sight.

For Dean, this gesture didn't have any valuable meaning, It just made the ruby look better from an artistic point of view.

At least, that's how he felt psychologically.

After appreciating it for a while, Dean started to feel a bit tired of enjoying it and decided to put the ruby back.

"I should return it sometime."

It wouldn't do Dean any good to keep this thing, and while it was quite valuable, Dean wasn't too short on money.

Even if Dean really wanted to sell this thing, he didn't have a reliable channel to sell it.

Should he go to Gotham's black market? Forget it, they would only give him a bit of its real value.

Penguin might offer slightly better, estimating he could offer fifteen percent, but that would be the best he could get.

But in the end, Dean didn't need that money.

Returning the ruby would actually benefit Dean even more.

Just imagine a thief who is greedy for wealth versus a strange thief who ignores wealth.

Which one would be more mysterious? And, Which one would make people think this person might be crazy?

Creating a topic, causing a buzz, and possibly gaining more amazement points.

Dean didn't consider himself a generous person, but he could tell between the pros and cons.

Unless he really stole a super artifact, like the Mother Box, then it would be worth keeping.

At that moment, Dean's ears were suddenly filled with the sound of a prompt from the system.

[Congratulations, host, on completing a custom task - Steal the 'Tears of an Angel' ruby.]

[Mission Difficulty: Easy (Easy, Normal, Difficult, Extreme, Desperate, Impossible)]

[Treasure Value: Low (Low, Average, Normal, Excellent, Outstanding, Rare, Legendary, Incalculable)]

[Special Note: A treasure with at least one extraordinary characteristic can be evaluated as a Normal quality.]

[Elegance Level: C (D, C, B, A, S, SS, SSS)]

[Overall Evaluation: C- (Average, slightly better than an ordinary person)]

[Rewards: 514 Amazement points (Midway Earned) + 600 Amazement points (Task Completion) totaling 1114 Amazement points.]

After listening to the system's prompt, Dean's eyes revealed a mix of surprise and joy.

It was a surprise that he didn't pop up this so-called custom task in the museum last time.

Does this mean that the system has activated a new function of giving missions?

Dean immediately summoned the system to check.

However, when he opened the system interface, he didn't find any task page, yet his total amazement points had indeed increased to 1114.

Rubbing his chin, Dean fell in thought.

It seemed like this system didn't have official "official" missions, and all actions must depend on the host's own choice.

Moreover, in addition to the amazement points collected by oneself in the mission, the completion of the mission itself will also be rewarded by the system.