The Argument

'You must be so freaking nervous, but I'm fine, so don't worry. I want to be alone for sometime; I'll be back soon.'

'I want you to complete the assigned task, then I'll let you know further on the call.'

'For now, brace yourself; it will not be easy.'

Tejasswi was editing texts for Aneri, even though she was still flying high in the sky and Aneri couldn't receive any of them. Knowing it was a waste of time, she was doing redundant tasks to kill time and, most importantly, to avoid Karan, who was sitting opposite her with a grumpy face, leaning on some files.

Tejasswi did not dare even look at him after what she had done to him. She messed with a devil a while ago.

She recalled the moment when she lost her sane senses after hearing the word honeymoon.

"What, honeymoon?" She mumbled.

"Yes......" Karan raised his palm in front of her.
Tejasswi looked at Karan's face and his palm with a fast-beat heart and immediately slid both hands under her thighs.

"With whom?" She asked in a flow and cursed herself inwardly for being nervous around him.

She can face it boldly.

"Stop being absurd." Karan crouched to unfasten her seat belt and mumbled near her face, which gave her goosebumps.

Tejasswi knew this phase would come even in this contract marriage, but it's too early.

He grabbed her arm and took her to the cabin.

"Excuse me, you can't do this." Tejasswi yelled, being irritated, but her words went unspoken, seeing the elegant and luxurious cabin, decorated exquisitely.

Her heart could have flattened and she could have drowned in its classy beauty if this were a normal wedding.

"What's wrong with honeymooning after getting married?" Karan said after locking the door of the cabin.

Tejasswi zoomed out of her daze and pulled herself together to go through this moment unharmed.

"Mr. Kundrra, thanks for the beautiful arrangements, but I need..."

Tejasswi was trying to reject him politely, not to hurt his prestige, but was cut off by Karan.

"Don't think highly of yourself; these silly preparations were planned long ago for my ex." He said it in a cold tone while looking around with a bored face. He wasn't impressed.

'If this is for his ex, why did he drag me here?' 

"This could be the honeymoon trip, but I am on a business trip." Karan said further, released the knot of the neck tie, took off the coat, and hung it on the hanger rack.

"But why are you taking me along?" Tejasswi mumbled to herself, but Karan heard that.

He turned to her and moved closer. She took two steps back but strike to the door of small cabin behind.

"Because I can't go to honeymoon alone." Karan leaned on her, keeping his left hand at the side of her head, pinned her between him and the door, and mumbled in her ears.

Tejasswi felt chilled; shivers ran down her spine. She clenched her sweaty palm at the hem of her dress and gulped down her saliva.

"But, I......."

"Shh....." Karan kept his index finger on her pink, soft lips.

"I hate argumentative people."
Karan slid his right hand behind her neck and got closer to her lips. Tejasswi clenched her lips against each other and squinted her eyes tightly.