Mending fences

Despite the 4-hour wait, Tejasswi retained her composure. Eventually, a woman approached her, conveying that the boss had departed.

"What? When?"

"A while ago, through his private elevator."

Tejasswi snapped; she rose to her feet and strode towards his private elevator, seeing through the deception.

"Ma'am, please wait! You can't barge in like this. Security, security!" The girl from the front desk called out, but Tejasswi continued her advance.

The guards rushed in to intervene, but Vicky was quicker. He positioned himself between Tejasswi and the guards, holding up his hand.

"Wait, stop," he motioned to the girl from the front desk. "Let her pass."

Seeing Tejasswi being disrespected by the security went against his principles, prompting him to disregard Karan's order.

Tejasswi hoped in the elevator, put off her mask, shades, and scarf, and flung it carelessly.

"This Richie Rich, did he think I'm a pushover? I'm Tejasswi Sharma, a celebrated celebrity, people wait for hours to see."

"He had me waiting for four hours. Now he's attempting to push me around using his deceitful underlings. I endured your irrational tantrums because I recognized my mistake in Lonavala, but this is the limit."

Tejasswi had been irked for quite a while.

Fueled by frustration, she stormed into his cabin, ready to let loose. However, she came to an abrupt halt as she was met with his stern expression, his eyes glaring at her like sharp daggers.

"What's wrong with your manners? You break into someone's office without permission." Karan said it in a cold tone.

"Why did you mislead me when you were in the office?" Tejasswi arched her eyebrows, glaring at him with fury.

"Because I don't want to see you." Karan turned his gaze.

"Do you really have to push it this far?" Tejasswi gave it one last try to resolve the matter.

He stayed quiet, leaving Tejasswi to exhale in disappointment at his unforgiving attitude.

"Very well, if you're committed to persisting in this dispute, I'll step back; just endure a few more words from me."

"I once heard that a minor misunderstanding can result in a major fallout. I admitted my mistake and expressed my heartfelt apology, yet you're responding with a cold shoulder."

"When a couple argue frequently and the 'cold period' extends, it leads to bad endings, which I don't want." Tejasswi said solemnly, and Karan flinched.

He wasn't seeking separation; it's just that his male ego was bruised. She didn't value the hard work he invested, which was a first for him with any woman.

"Come on, Karan, can't you cut me some slack? It's not like I hurt you on purpose." Tejasswi said and looked at him to get some reactions, but he was aloof as usual.

"I've been working tirelessly these past few days to ensure I could have today off for your birthday."

Karan was surprised that she knew it. He had been in a sullen mood for quite some time, believing she had forgotten and didn't hold him in high regard. She overlooked the setup he had prepared for her.

"Don't be surprised. I knew it for a long time, and to make your day awesome, I took the day off. I'm not as awful as you think."

Tejasswi slammed a shopper on the glass table, and Karan noticed it for the first time.