Fatal Injection

"The person she enlisted, Raju Patil, carries a criminal record, having been found guilty of the murder of Sudha Kundrra's ex-husband, Atul Shetty."

Tejasswi wondered aloud, "Wait, didn't her ex-husband meet with a car accident?"

Even Karan found himself taken aback. Despite his youth, he remembered vividly that it was that very accident that took away the person he cherished most in his life.

"Indeed, how does that make sense? It was a car collision, and my mom was another person involved in the accident. I remember it with such clarity."

"Yes, it was indeed a car accident. However, following a thorough investigation, the police concluded that Raju Patil, coincidentally a garage worker, had tampered with Atul Shetty's vehicle."

"A car mechanic?" Karan and Tejasswi exclaimed simultaneously, their eyes widening as they locked gazes. "This is all so strange."

"How could she employ an auto expert as a chef, especially one who's responsible for her husband's demise? This just doesn't add up," Tejasswi rambled, rubbing her temple.

"I couldn't fathom. What's her connection with the person she should despise?" Karan rose on his feet and massaged the back of his neck.

"Even I was wondering what her intentions were. Then it hit me—maybe she's grateful to the killer for bringing her success," Vicky said.
Karan frown. "What does that mean?"

"I had a sneak peek at Sudha Kundrra's history. She originated from Dharavi with Raju Patil."

"Dharavi?"

"Isn't Dharavi the largest slum in Mumbai?" Tejasswi asked.

"That's right. She and Raju are roughly the same age and hail from the same slum. During the trial, Raju's lawyer claimed that he had an unstable mental condition, leading to the car malfunction. This event also contributed to Sudha's transformation from rags to riches."

Karan tried to piece it all together but was clearly irritated. "This is too complicated," he grumbled, pinching the bridge of his nose. "What else have you learned about her past? Is she linked to any other criminal incidents?"

"I'm still in the dark, but I've mobilized my team to gather every piece of information about her."

Karan took a quick look at his wristwatch and commented, "We're running out of time. She's attacked Teju again, and none of us can predict her next move. We're lacking concrete evidence against her."

My inclination was to detain Raju Patil, as he holds the key to our questions, but it might raise an alarm with Sudha Kundrra."

"Hmm, right...." Karan raked his fingers through his hair, letting out a sigh. He paced back and forth in the room for a moment before suddenly snapping his fingers.

"Here's what we'll do." Karan's lips formed a mischievous grin, joined by Tejasswi and Vicky.

"Fine, but hear me out first," Tejasswi said, leaning against the bed's headrest, breathing heavily.

'What's going on with Kunal and Shivangi? Why aren't they picking up my calls?' Sudha restlessly paced around her room, feeling like a fish out of water, desperate to know Tejasswi's condition.

'Given that Tejasswi had mushroom-contained nourishing soup, she may have gone for sure; if not, then... Oh, my thoughts hit a dead end.'

Sudha had a suspicion that either Karan or Tejasswi might have figured out the inclusion of mushrooms in the soup. This could introduce a level of complication for her.

"If Tejasswi had gotten sick, wouldn't Karan, Kunal, or Shivangi have informed mom or dad? I should confirm with them," Sudha muttered to herself and exited the room.