Boomerang

"Feel free to do as you please; I won't be partaking in this flavorless fare today," Tejasswi declared firmly before turning away.

Karan delivered Tejasswi's lunch, only for her to grimace at the sight of the egg porridge once again.

Ignoring her refusal, he ladled a portion of porridge into a bowl and extended a spoonful toward her.

"I told you, I'm..."

Tejasswi was in the midst of speaking when Karan abruptly stuffed a spoonful of porridge in her mouth.

"Ahh, ouch. Sunny....." Tejasswi gulped the saliva and yelled.

"Have it, silently." Karan said it with a stern look.

Tejasswi positioned herself with crossed arms and averted her gaze.

"Do you believe your tantrums will work on me?" Karan remarked, delivering another spoonful to her mouth.

"I doubt that." Tejasswi mumbled and ate it grumpily.

"You need to rest and recuperate, but you seemed to wander around the entire floor. From now on, you'll not even step out of  bed." Karan reprimanded her.

"What the heck..." Tejasswi's incredulous words were drowned out by a spoonful of porridge forcibly entering her mouth.

"Shut up; you have no say in this."

Since the day before, Karan had been in a sullen mood after discovering her on the floor, pale and in tears. He was giving her a stern talking-to when Kunal entered.

"Why did you summon me to your location, Karan? It would have been simpler for you to come to my office."

Karan found Kunal quite rude, but ignored him.

"Hey Kunal......" Tejasswi wished him cheerfully.

Kunal ignored Tejasswi and quivered his brows at Karan. "Man, can you make it snappy? I have so much on my plate."

Karan sighed and thought with dismay. 'Seems he is still shaken by the events of the day before.'

He cut chase and said, "I need a favor to ask."

"Shoot....."

"Teju needs to undergo a few tests. Could you stay with her? I have an urgent matter to attend to," Karan requested as he retrieved his coat from the rack.

Kunal flinched and refuted roughly, "I am swamped; you better ask Shivi."

Karan couldn't put up with his harsh attitude anymore.

"What's your problem? Why are you sounding cynical all of a sudden?"

Always cheerful, Kunal could be perturbed, but he was never disrespectful.

"I can't stand the sight of certain people in here. You shouldn't call me here." Kunal said, looking straight with a stiff face, stuffing both hands into the pocket.

Karan flung his coat on the couch and stood before Kunal with his hands on his waist.

"What does that mean? Who is eyesore here?" Karan's stern voice jolted both Tejasswi and Kunal.

"Sunny, please, easy, it's..."

"Butt out." Karan cut her off, pointed a finger at her, and said, "And you, Dr. Kunal J. Kundrra, I know what you're making a fuss about. For your girlfriend's absurd reasoning, you can't blame my wife."

"I'll do that. It's because of her that Aneri ended things with me. She played an evil role in my life." Kunal spoke in a loud pitch, but his voice turned hoarse.