Lost In The Woods

"Ahh......" Tejasswi woke up with sharp pain all over her body.

She fluttered open her eyes, instinctively shielding them from the sharp, piercing sunbeams.

She fought to acclimate to the light, forcing her eyes open, only to discover herself sprawled on the mucky earth, encircled by towering trees and untamed underbrush, her body riddled with numerous open wounds and blood seeping out.

"Ahh, ouch......" Tejasswi let out a low groan as she got to her feet, realizing she was in the midst of the dense woods.

"Where am I? How did I get here?" Tejasswi mumbled between sobs, and tears rolled down her eyes.

Tears fell for a moment, but she swiftly wiped them away. "I must find a way out of this place."

Tejasswi looked around in search of her phone but couldn't find it. She felt another wave of disappointment wash over her.

"No, I will stay motivated."
Fisting her hand with determination, Tejasswi mustered her courage, moved ahead, and winced as pain shot through her left knee, a testament to its severe injury.

"Ahh, ahh......" While tears streamed down her cheeks, Tejasswi took off her scarf and fastened it snugly around her wounded knee.

"Oh dear God, please lend me your strength." Tejasswi growled through gritted teeth as she hobbled in a specific direction, scanning her surroundings.

She had only been walking for a couple of minutes when the sudden sound of gunfire jolted her. Her heart raced, compelling her to hide behind a tree.

"Tejasswi, I know you are hiding somewhere; come out or else you will face the consequences."

Tejasswi heard an unknown yet sharp voice and trembled in fear. She peeked from behind the tree to see the gunman, but all she could see was a hand clutching a gun.

Even shivering in fear, she didn't give. She picked up a pebble and tossed it in the opposite direction.

The echo of a pebble hitting the ground led the gunman to believe Tejasswi was attempting to flee. He rushed towards the sound, firing shots into the air and shouting to warn Tejasswi.

Tejasswi rushed towards the exit, determined to escape, but her wounded leg was slowing her down. She limped and stumbled several times, yet she pushed herself to maintain her fastest pace.

She walked for what felt like an eternity, yet she couldn't locate an exit from the woods. Exhausted, she finally came to a halt, panting heavily and scanning her surroundings.

Suddenly, Tejasswi spotted a narrow pathway that seemed like the end of the woods. She was on the verge of taking that path when she caught wind of a faint sound.

"It seems he's here..." Tejasswi hastened her steps on the path but soon found herself facing a charming wooden cottage.

"What's that?" Tejasswi looked at the beautiful cottage in the middle of the woods and headed in.

She considered seeking refuge for a while but was horrified to discover a gang of assailants inside, all clad in black attire, sporting black hats, shades, and masks, each armed with a gun.

'Shit, I got trapped...' Tejasswi thought and cursed her move to get in. She was taking slow steps to run, but a voice shook her.

"Teju....." 

Tejasswi looked up and found Aneri, Grandpa, and Grandpa were held at gunpoint.

"No....." She screamed and moved to them, but another gunman stopped her.