Chapter 2| Fact

You paced back and forth, rubbing your temples to ease the headache

You paced back and forth, rubbing your temples to ease the headache. "Why am I so fucking annoyed?" Chaerin handed you a tylenol. "Do I even need to tell you that?"

"What?" You asked innocently.

"Duh, Y/n, you are obviously madly in love with him—that's why." You shook your head at her in disappointment. "Not this again. You can't be serious when you just blurt shit."

"I'm not blind, Y/n." Chaerin tried to explain, "I know you both are very close friends for a long time now. But it doesn't make it given that you will never fall for him."

"Chae, I —"

You got cut off by Chaerin. "Then explain to me why you get so jealous every time Heeseung pays attention to any girl other than you. Even though he gives you the most importance, it itches you whenever a girl laughs with him."

You rolled your eyes. "That's because I don't want my friend to get stolen from me." Chaerin let out an exasperated sigh. "Then why doesn't it bother you when Heeseung hangs out with his other guy friends."

"Because he wouldn't date them. Any girl Hee might date would predictably ask him to stay away from me because I'm his only girl best friend and I can't afford that."

"We both very well know he would never do that."

"I promise, Chae. I'm not jealous in that way. I just don't wanna lose my friend that's all."

"Then prove it to me." Chaerin crossed her arms over her chest. "How?" You asked with a roll of your eyes. "Date Heeseung and some other guy in our school alternatively and then break up with one only if it's temporarily."

"What the fuck are you saying Chae?" You raised your voice. "It's for you, Y/n. You are annoyed because Heeseung is on a blind date with some other girl right now. You won't have to worry about that once you start dating him."

You thought about it for a while considering the pros and cons. "What if he gets hurt?"

"Either you or him—someone has to get hurt. That's the actual meaning of gambling."

You stifled a laugh at her seriousness. "Then what are you betting, nemesis?"

"I bet my thumb on the fact that you have a big fat crush on your best friend Lee Heeseung. You?"

"Me too on the fact that I don't."

"Y/n is gonna lose a finger," Chaerin started singing. You pouted. "You are mean. Where is Heeseung? I miss him already."

You and Heeseung had met first when you were in high school, freshman year. Then you two graduated together and going to the same university.

But as Chaerin stated there was always some tension between you two that even you could not deny. The fact that you were just friends was useless in this matter.

"Then gamble it is."