Chapter|21|

We are definitely not spending our last night here without any celebration.
If you are up for it, let's meet in the hall for a late night dinner.
We can play some games afterward.
~Daniel Diaz.
I read out the note sent by the bellhop and settled in my bed.
"This should be great" Amanda squealed.
I am going to go because of the food.
I didn't really eat anything at the Grad Bash. "Let's go" Amanda said standing up and throwing on a cardigan over her tank top.
I put my hood over my head and tucked my hands in my jogger's pocket.
I slide on my crocs and ankle socks.
We head out to the hall.
The first thing I noticed was the amazing aroma coming from the food as I stepped foot into the hall.
The time is 10pm but that wouldn't stop me from feeding my stomach to the brim.
I also noticed the teachers sitting in a corner. That means we would have to behave responsible.
No kinky games to be played then.
The chairs are arranged round a large table. There is another table filled with food at the side.
We headed to our friends and I settled down beside Angela.
"Welcome guys! We eat food first then we play games afterwards. You are allowed to eat as you want" Daniel's voice boomed through the hall.
I headed to the food corner with my friends and stared at the amazing food slightly indecisive.
There is a lot to choose from and I can't seem to decide.
Poached eggs on polenta.
Tomato and mushroom tartine.
Braised Short Ribs.
Caprese Garlic Bread.
Dessert sure looks really nice.
Different types of cake.
The one that caught my eyes is the butter rainbow cake.
I went with the second choice of food and headed back to my seat.
My phone pinged and I smiled when I realized it is a message from my mom.
I haven't texted her all day.
How is my favorite daughter doing?- mom.
I think I am your only daughter and child.
Never say never.
I am sure I am the only one .
What have you been up to all day?
We went sightseeing first then attended this really Grad Bash. We are back at the hotel and currently having dinner. We are heading to Miami tomorrow. Then we head to god knows where after.
I am jealous of you right now.
>>>>
Anything else I need to know about you know. Nobody has caught your eyes in Florida?
Seriously mom, of course not!!!!
Heat creeped onto my cheeks after reading that. I only have got eyes for someone mom but he doesn't like me back. I groaned inwardly at the truth and stuffed my mouth with food.
Why not? You need to spice up your life.
I am definitely not going to be having this conversation with you on phone or anytime actually so good night mom. Say hello to dad for me. Tell him I miss him more.
Wow! I will let this slide today. How can you miss your dad more than me? I am truly hurt!
I was just joking. I miss you both so much. Bye, I need to get back to my food.
Bye! Love you.
Love you too.
I sighed and put my phone back in my hoodie. "Stephanie, Do you hear what I just said?" Angela asked and I shook my head with an apologetic smile.
"Sorry, I was chatting with my mom" I replied. "Amanda just told us that the guy from the lake won you a teddy bear" she said and I glared at Amanda for spreading the not so big deal news.
"Yeah. It's nothing" I replied and stuffed my face with you.
"It's a big deal. You have got an admirer"Lily squealed making me groan.
It's all Amanda and her big mouth fault.
"He never said anything about liking me. He just wants to get to know me" I explained and they scoffed clearly not agreeing with me.
You also think like that.
I thought so until you discouraged me.
It is a possibility!
It's nice you think somebody is capable of liking me.
You have got an average looking face.
You call this average?! I am really hurt.
Take it or leave it because you are not getting more compliments than that.
Aren't you the best?
I am the best!
"That is how it begins" Rose mumbled and I gave her a look like Look who is talking. "Me being inexperienced doesn't make me stupid" she huffed.
"What did you guys achieve in your alone time?" I asked hoping they wouldn't question me of changing the topic.
"We know what you are doing but we would let it slide" Amanda narrowed her eyes at me and I groaned.
First my mom and now them!
What is everyone's business with my nonexistent love life?
I might just decide to become a nun.
That is impossible!
I can if I want to.
My love life is clearly dead and I don't see it coming to life.
Or I can just marry the barista or Jones after college and give birth to three kids.
You are crazy!
I giggled silently at my dumb thoughts.
What is with me thinking about the barista I never texted? I can't even remember where I put the paper with his number on it. I bet he wouldn't give me any free drink again.
"I saw a fortune teller" Rose started making me turn to her.
Wait I didn't know she believes in those stuffs. "Why?" I asked curious.
"I just wanted to try it and all" she shrugged out. "It was a nice experience" she grinned out not bothering to share what was talked about.
"Mike and I just walked round and played some couple games. It was amazing" Lily said blushing and it doesn't take a genius to know what actually happened in between the walking around.
"We just went on more rides"Angela said gesturing to her and Rob.
"Same" Thomas mumbled.
We finished our food while talking about random things. We even argued about which dessert cake was better. "No the bundt cake is better" Amanda said.
"Nope the butter rainbow is more delicious" I contorted and she snorted.
"The chocolate cake tastes amazing" Lily pouted and I shake my head.
"The_" Angela was cut off by Rob.
"Look at you girls acting like five year olds. Who cares about which cake tastes better?" Rob scolded and I crossed my hand over my chest reasoning with him.
It's nice to act like a kid once in a while.
Says who?
Stephanie Walker the great.
Yeah right!
The plates was cleared by the hotel workers and we waited for Daniel to announce the name of the game we will be playing.
"We are not playing any serious game. I have got different types of board games. You can choose any and play with your friends" Daniel announced and pointed to another table containing different games.
"You are free to leave if you don't feel like playing any game" he said and some people left the hall afterwards.
"Let's play monopoly" Amanda said and went to the table to grab a board.
I scrunched my nose remembering what happened the last time I played that game. "I am just going to watch you guys play" I said.
"Scared you would lose again" Amanda smirked and I glared at her.
"It's a touchy topic" I pouted dramatically and she rolled her eyes at me.
I am still not playing obviously.
I just scrolled round Instagram and waited for them to finish the stupid game. "I won" Amanda squealed not so loud making me groan.
Why must she always win the game?
I am tired of celebrating the same person over and over again.
I don't know when you do that.
I celebrate the winner in my head.
All fiber of my body, let's applaud Amanda, the winner of the monopoly game AGAIN!
You are so dumb.
I am actually the smartest.
We decided to play scrabble next and I played. I won obviously and was happy to actually win a game. "Amanda what happened, did I just steal your belt?" I smirked and she rolled her eyes at me.
"Just one game. I have won countless" she puffed out making me snort.
We played card next before deciding to call it a night.
"Goodnight guys" we greeted before going our separate ways.
I climbed into my bed and pulled the comforter over me.
Time to sleep baby!
——————————————————————————————————————————
Just 2am and it feels like I have slept more. This is why I hate waking up in the middle of the night.
I had to use the bathroom and now I can't seem to sleep.
My body hasn't really adjusted to the new surroundings.
I am sure I wouldn't be falling asleep anytime soon.
I glanced at Amanda from the corner of my eyes and realized she isn't an option as her light snores filled the room.
Netflix is also not an option.
I smiled as an idea comes to my mind.
This hotel was surely have a rooftop and I am never been to one.
I have kinda imagined what it feels like to stare down from a high building.
I slide on my crocs and tiptoed to the door not wanting to wake her up.
I turned the door knob slowly and made my way outside.
I entered the elevator and pressed the last floor. I was giddy and excited to see the rooftop. I have said it is good to behave like a child sometimes so I am one right now. I tapped my feet as I waited patiently for the elevator to get to my destination.
I walked out and was mesmerized by the view. It was like a meteorite shower.
Flashes of light danced across the sky, falling down in streaks brightening up the whole night sky.
It glowed, making the stars looks more beautiful. It was really magical and no amount of words can really describe my feelings. I walked right into the middle of everything where I could see everything.
The mountains, the numerous houses and the endless streets, the stars above with no obstacles. It is so high up that the view is so splendid. I am happy to be wearing a hoodie as the first breeze flew past me.
I close my eyes taking it all in as I rest my hands on the rails. "It's beautiful, isn't it?" a voice asked making me jump and I turned to the speaker. "You get scared easily" the voice said again not bothering to apologize for scaring me.
"I wasn't expecting anyone. And a sorry will be a nice thing to say right now" I huffed as I rested my back on the rails glaring at the person.
"What is the use if I don't mean it" he replied sparing me a glance before turning his attention back to the canvas in front of him.
I made my way over to me curious to know what he is doing.
He is obviously painting considering the paints and brushes littered in front of him. I take a look at his work and gasped. I never knew he is such a talented artist. Is there anything this guy isn't good at? "I am good at everything. I am a Bianchi so it is normal" he smirked and I realized I said that out aloud.
He has really captured this whole scenery and it is really captivating.
"I found this place out yesterday and felt the need to paint it. I must finish it today since we leave here tomorrow" he explained as he moved the brush on the canvas. I smiled that he felt the need to explain to me.
"So beautiful" I breathed out looking at him work and I am not referring to his painting right now.
You can be such a fool!
He has paints smeared on his T-shirt but it doesn't make him look less attractive.
He is giving the whole hot painter vibe and it is really making my stomach turn.
I settled on the couch behind him and waited for him to finish the painting.
I played with the ends of my hoodie not wanting to disturb him.
"All done" he said making me look up and my eyes widened.
Wow! I wish I could draw half like that then I wouldn't have the biology teacher laugh at me every time.
"It's amazing" I commented and he gave me a look as if to say I know.
I forget his cocky nature is the size of this hotel.
He comes to settle down beside me on the couch and I shudder at the slight close proximity. Our knees were almost touching and I can feel the warmth radiating out of his body.
A whiff of his cologne swept pass my nose. "So you paint?" I blurted out lamely in an attempt to start a conversation. "Of course I do" he replied amused making me facepalm internally.
"Since when?" I asked.
"I can't say. I am being doodling since I was a kid"he replied and removed his shirt.
Keyword-Removed.
Now he is Shirtless!
I tried not to stare at his chest and silently prayed he would put it back on.
I stared at the painting to distract myself from ogling at him.
He doesn't have the slightest idea on what he just did. "Why are you out here?" he asked turning to face me and I tried to maintain eye contact. "I woke up and decided to explore the rooftop" I said. "I have never been to one before and was curious about it" I added and fiddled with my fingers. "This is the the perfect time to come here" he said and I nodded agreeing with him. I stared at the sky and hoped my heart will stop racing. "So"he started making me turn to face him and my eyes hooked with his chest.
Bare!
Seeing it this up close is really doing a number on me. I want to feel the hard muscles and finally get what the whole girls talk about after a night with him.
My eyes locked with his chain which is always hanging in his shirt. I stared at the pendant and it looked weird.
It was a weird diagram and some Italian words were etched underneath it.
"What does it say?" I asked pointed to the chain. He followed my eyes and a look I couldn't decipher moved in his eyes.
"Nothing important. My dad gave it to my brother and I" he explained and I stared at the diagram not understanding it.
"The diagram?" I asked.
"I will say it is kinda our family's emblem" he replied and I made an ooh sound.
"That makes sense" I muttered and finally take my eyes of it. "How was the Grad Bash?" he asked.
"It was a nice experience. I can't wait for Miami's experience"
"The beach and hot ladies in bikini. I can't wait" he said making me groan.
"Do you see yourself sticking with just one girl?" I asked and he stared at me confused. "You know having a girlfriend" I added.
"Nope. I don't think that will ever happen.
I don't do relationship." he replied and I quickly masked the sad expression on my face. "I used to think you and Katrina were dating" I said staring up at him.
"Why had you think that?She is just a good fuck. If I am to date, then it can never be her. She dated Mason and cheated on him in a week. I don't like the dude but I felt sorry for him. She should not have dated him if she knows that she can't be committed. If I am to date, I will definitely be committed to her" he replied and I smiled.
"I felt bad for him too" I muttered thinking about the scandal that happened last year. "So have you ever had a boyfriend?" he asked and I nodded.
"Middle school" I added remembering my ex, Steve.
He was cute and all. We decided to break things off after a year because we weren't feeling. He got together with his heartthrob after a month and they were still together before I transferred here.
"Wow. How did it end?" he asked.
"We fell out of love. It feels wrong because we were too young to say we were in love. That is just a way to put things" I explained. "Why haven't you dated since then?" he asked.
"I haven't really given dating much thought over the years. I have been busy with my studies. I really need to get into a good college and all" I explained.
"Which college are you looking at?" he asked and I was surprised he wants to know such boring stuffs. "Stanford. You?" I asked. "I will get scholarship through basketball. I haven't really given any college much thought" he replied.
"What do you want to major in?" he asked. "Business administration and might take up a few psychology classes" I replied.
"Nice" he said.
"Tell me about your craziest encounter after having sex with a girl?" I asked even though it isn't something I actually want to know about. I am literally just curious.
The way girls fight each other over him.
"Weird you are asking. Girls can be crazy. There is this one time, I woke up and found this girl stuffing my boxer in her bag. I asked her why and she replied: 'this might be the last time I will get this chance so I am going to keep with me to cherish our moment'. Then she ran off before I could utter a word" he replied chuckling and I giggled too.
That girl clearly needs therapy. Why had she steal his boxer?
Love really makes us do weird things.
"Wow" I said after I stopped giggling.
"Yeah" he replied running his hand through his hair.
The movement was hypnotic, a flash of a defined bare bicep, the soft strand of hair slipping through fingers.
He drew my attention back to his chest and I remembered again he is shirtless. "Put your shirt back on. You don't want to catch a cold before we get to Miami" I said cooly or so I hope I sound. "It's smeared" he said and I gave him a look like So.
"Are you bothered about me shirtless?" he asked arching an eyebrow and my eyes widened shocked at the turn of events.
"Of...course...not. I am just worried about you"I stuttered and he shakes his head at me. "You are so sweet" he said pulling my cheeks. "Don't worry, I don't catch cold easily" he added and I gave him a thumbs up. I stand up quickly and walked back to the rails to calm myself.
My hands unconsciously went to my cheeks and I blushed a little.
I put my hood over my head and used my hair to cover my face.
"It's late. We should get some sleep. We have a long day tomorrow" he said and I nodded agreeing with him slightly sad we would be parting ways soon.
He picked up his painting materials and I helped him with his painting.
We walked into the elevator and I stared at the painting as I waited for the elevator to get to our floor.
He walked out first and I was about to follow but was pulled back abruptly. He pressed me against a wall and put a hand over my mouth. I was shocked and surprised to react. "Mrs Molly is out in the corridor. I don't care what she thinks about me but I figured that you might not want her to see you right now with me and all"he whispered and his hot breath tickled my ear and I nodded absentmindedly.
The only thing I could think of is his body which is pressed against mine.
Please let this woman leave before I die. He scanned the corridor again before pulling away. "Coast is clear" he said with a smile and I take a deep breath.
He walked down the corridor and I followed. I am still holding his painting so courtesy demands I take it to his room.
Or I just don't want to leave him so soon.
He stopped in front of a door and turned back to me. "You jogging tomorrow?" he asked and I nodded.
I wasn't going to jog tomorrow but I can't say no to his invite. "Cool so I can train you more tomorrow. Where should we meet?" he asked.
"Here" I suggested and he nodded.
"8am sharp. Don't be late" he said trying to imitate a strict teacher's voice.
"Yes coach" I gave a mock salute and giggled afterwards.
I handed him his painting and he balanced it easily on his hands.
See, he didn't need you to carry it for him.
I was just trying to help.
"Bye then" I said and turned in the direction of my room. "Bye" he called out and I hear the door slam shut.
I opened the door to my room and fell into my bed with a thud.
I put my hand on my heart as I reminisce everything.
This is too much for me.
I like him too much.
'I don't do relationships'.
Fuck that hurts!
I will always cherish every moments with him.
I am really forward to tomorrow morning.
I am in deep.
That is an already established fact!

That is the end of the chapter!
I literally laughed my ass out while writing about the boxer thief.
Who is looking forward to tomorrow?
Miami, here we come!
Happy Monday to you all.
Wishing you a blessed week ahead.
Don't
Forget
To
Vote
And
Comment
Xoxo
~Aridah.