Chapter|43|

Asher

"Morning everyone" I said immediately I entered the living room and surprised to find everyone present.
I kissed my mom on the cheek as usual. "Dad" I greeted.
"Son" he acknowledged me with a nod. He is a tough nut to crack but my mom does it every time.
"Brother" I exclaimed and he gave me a small smile. We did a little bro hug.
"Morning Delaney" she replied with 'morning'. I settled beside Sydney and she hugged me tight after noticing my presence.
Em" she squealed and I hugged her tight smiling.
"Did you sleep well?" I asked and she nodded giving me a toothy grin.
"That is my little princess" I settled her back on her chair.
One of the workers served me my favorite.
Pancakes and my usual syrup.
Breakfast was silent as usual. Just the small talks between Sydney and I.
My brother and dad stood up. "We are going to Italy for business. I am not sure how long it will last so I don't know when we are coming back" my dad announced in his deep authoritative voice.
My brother walked up to Sydney and  squat to her height. He ruffled her hair and gave her a sad smile. "Be good to everyone okay" he said and she had a sad look. "You leevieing again papa" she pouted and he nodded.
She let out a cry and I sighed. He is not always around and Sydney doesn't get to see her dad all the time. "I will be back before you know it. Then I will take you and momma to the park" he said and that managed to bring the smile back to her face.
"Come here princess" my dad said gesturing for her to come over.
"I will miss you pa" she hugged his legs and he sighed. He picked her up in his arms and she played with his tie.
She says pa because she can't pronounce grandpa
"Your papa and I will be back before you know it" he said with a small smile and she smiled widely at him. She is adored by everyone. We will do anything for her.
He put her back down and walked over to my mom. My brother did the same and I picked up Sydney. She really liked messing with my hair and did that.
"Why don't we go watch that Disney movie you like so much?" I asked and she nodded squealed.
"The little m" she means mermaid since she can't pronounce it now.
"Take care of yourselves" I said to them and they nodded.
We watched them leave and shared a sad smile among ourselves.
I took Sydney to my room. I settled her on my bed and pressed the remote. My big tv appeared and I started the movie.
We have a large movie room which looks exactly like the cinema.
She likes watching her movies here in my room. It's Saturday and I enjoy spending it with her.
She cuddled next to me as the movie started.
My phone buzzed and I glanced at her to see her engrossed in a movie we have watched countless time.
Kids!
Hey - S.
The one word made me smile. I never thought I could actually like a girl before she came along. She is everything I want.
Today marks our one week anniversary.
I can't believe I asked her out on our first date. I wasn't even planning on doing that. The moment just felt right and I went with it. The boys are still mocking me about it. I always said I couldn't never like someone.
How are you doing? - A.
Her reply came immediately.
I am good. You? - S.
I am calm - A.
What are you doing? - S.
Watching a movie with Sydney. You? - A.
Aww, that little cutie. I just finished reading and felt like watching a movie. Which movie are you guys watching? - S.
Is this what relationship feels like.
Exchanging texts like this.
Sydney's favorite, The little mermaid- A.
I love that as a kid- S.
How would you love this? - A.
I don't like the movie, I only watch it for Sydney's sake.
It is a really nice cartoon. Which movie did you watch as a kid?- S.
Teenage mutant ninja turtles - A.
Of course- S.
"Em, you are not wacheing the movee " Sydney pouted making me drop my phone on the nightstand.
"Sorry Princess" I kissed her cheek and focused on the movie.
My phone buzzed and I couldn't resist the urge to pick it up. I glanced at her to see her concentrating on the movie so I grabbed my phone.
Will chat up later. My mom and I want to go pick up some groceries- S.
Okay. Later - A.
Bye- S.
Now I can watch this amazing movie with full concentration.
********
I sighed in relief as I saw the credits of the movie playing. "Again" she screamed and I groaned lightly.
"Some other time. Why don't we head to the art room?" I asked hoping she will go with it. I cannot watch that movie again even though I have done it countless times. "Art room. Yay" she squealed and made the carry me look.
She also likes art like me but all she does now is to doodle. It usually looks beautiful so I can imagine what she is going to do when she grows up.
I picked her up and headed to the art room. I entered and turned on the lights.
The smell of paints and all was really refreshing.
I set her down on her little chair and put all her supplies on the table.
I kissed her forehead before heading to my corner. I think about her face all the time and I decided to make a painting of her. She is constantly on my mind.
Her face! Her beautiful smile! Her hair.
I decided to put my thoughts into action.
I am taking my time to finish it and can't wait to show it to her.
I don't really like painting people except my family. She is the first one I will be doing. Putting on an apron to avoid paint smears on my sweatshirt.
*******
"Come see Em" Sydney squealed and gestured for me to come over.
I wasn't halfway through the painting and decided to stop here for today.
I removed the apron and made my way over to Sydney. I started at the painting.
There were six human figures doodled and painted. "This is you, momma, papa, pa , ma and me" she explained pointing to the figures she used to represent each of us. "This is beautiful" I kissed her cheek and she gave me a toothy grin.
"I want to show it to momma" she said and I picked her up.
"Let's go show it to her" I replied and headed down to the living room. I was hoping she is going to be there.
"Momma" she said immediately she set her eyes on her mom and got down from my hands. I settled beside my mom.
"I drew a family pic" she said with a big smile. Delaney and my mom stared at it smiling. "Aren't you a smart child?" my mom cooed and ruffled her hair.
"It is really nice honey" Delaney replied making her smile widened.
"I can't wait to show it to papa and pa" she said and I sighed.
Everyone felt the same but quickly masked it away. "They would love it. What do you want for lunch?" Delaney asked her. We really spent a lot of time in the art room. "Ice cream" she squealed and her mom shake her head at her.
"You can have that later. I am talking about real food" her mom said and she bit her lips. "Noodles" she replied.
"Let me go make that for you. Would you like some Asher?" she asked me and I shook my head.
I am not feeling hungry right now.
Sydney was chatting with my mom now so I went back to my room to check my phone.
I had an unread message from Stephanie.
Back home, how was your movie? - S
Bad - A
:) - S
You are mean- A
I am definitely not mean - S.
Mhmm - A.
Hmmm - S
Didn't know chatting can be so relaxing and fun.
I fight back a yawn and felt the need to take a nap.
Feeling sleepy. We would continue this later- A
Sleep tight:)- S
This day is actually going well.
Having a girlfriend isn't all that bad as I thought it was going to be.
I thought it was going to torture to just stay committed to a girl.
It is good to try something before condemning it.
—————————————————————————————————————————-
"Hey girlfriend" I grinned as I approached her. I haven't seen her all day because of my busy schedule.
She rubbed her eyes facing her locker before turning to me.
"Hi" she said with a smile that didn't reach her eyes.
"Why are you sad?" I asked hoping she wouldn't lie to me.
I wrapped my hands around her waist pulling her closer. "Just the usual sassy comments about us being together" she grumbled and I sighed.
"You know everything isn't you right. I like you. This is real" I pointed at both of us hoping that will help the way she feels.
I like her and I hope she knows about it.
"They would have to try harder because their words can't break us apart" she smiled and I flashed her mine.
"I was hoping we can hit the movies after school" I said.
"Like a date" she said and I nodded.
"I will if we are going to be watching the little mermaid" she said smirking and my eyes widened. "Not that movie, I have watched it countless times with Sydney and I can't watch it again" I sighed and she giggled. "Just joking but now I know your weakness" she squealed and I shake my head amused. "That is the least of the things that can be used to bring me down to my knees. You sure know the other things" I whispered the last part and smirking at her reaction.
Her ears were red and I just chuckled. "Now I know yours. Will see you later cupcake" I said and kissed her lips briefly.
I walked off to my next class not feeling it but I have to go.
I settled in the back seat and scanned around. My friends aren't here which makes this class super boring.
The teacher entered and started explaining.
"Hi" a girl purred next to me. The old me would have found this interesting but now it ick me off.
"I heard you are dating that girl. You know you can do better than that" I masked my expression but I am so annoyed. How dare she talk about my Stephanie like that? I just hope she stops before I do something in the fleet of anger. I clenched my fists feeling the anger building up in my veins.
"I can give you something that average, scholarship student wouldn't_" I banged my hands on my table making all eyes turn to me. I can see the fear in the girl's eyes and I like it.
"Listen here girl. You or anyone don't get to talk to my girl like that. I swear if I catch anyone of you spewing nonsense about my Stephanie, you are so going to get it. I will make your life a living hell, mark my words" I seethed out and look around to see that my words have an effect on this fools.
"Asher, that was unacceptable. Detention after school" the teacher said kinda flustered.
"Gladly" I licked my lips and settled back down. I rubbed my hands not feeling any pain even though it is red.
The class ended and I walked out heading to the basketball court to release some tension.
I threw my bag to a corner and grabbed a ball. I bounced and shoot.
Why can't this people mind their own fucking business?
Bounce and shoot.
Why are they trying to plant doubts in her head because I know I like her?
Bounce and shoot.
"Hey man" Daniel said as I shoot the ball into the net. "We heard what happen. That was badass" he added and I scoffed.
He tried to steal the hall from me but I quickly shoot the ball into the net.
"We couldn't let you have all the fun so we got detention too" Matthew said and stole the ball from me. I was surprised to even try to take the ball again.
"Why would you guys do that?" I asked as I collected the ball and shoot.
"The pact, we stick together. We have got your back man" Daniel replied and patted my back.
"Thanks guys" I said.
"Thank goodness we don't have practice today, coach would have killed us for getting detention" Matthew grinned and I chuckled. That man terrifies all.
The bell rang. "We have got to get to history class, we have a test. See you later man" Daniel said and we did the bro handshake. I watched them leave feeling more relaxed.
I walked out heading to my next class and saw my girl heading over to me. "I heard what happened" she started.
"You got detention because of me" she pouted and I run my hands through my hair. "Not the first time I am getting detention. I will do it over and over again if anyone say one shit about you" I said and she smiled.
"Why do you like me so much?" she said and I sighed that we have to go over this again. I wrapped a hand around her waist and used the other to removed the stray strands of hair from her face. "You are everything I want" I replied and she finally gave me a full blown smile.
She wrapped her hands around my torso hugging me. "You mean so much to me too" she mumbled into my shoulder.
"Are we still on about the movie date?" I asked not knowing she could wait until detention is over.
"Do you think I should get one too?" she smirked and I shook my head.
"Stanford" I reminded and she pouted.
"Then I will wait for you in the library" she said and I smiled.
"Don't you have a class to get to?" I asked and she shook her head.
"Do you want to go somewhere?" I asked.
"You have got a class now and already running late" she stated.
"There is no need going since it will be over soon. We have got lunch next" I said.
"What should we do until then?" she asked and I smirked.
"I have a few ideas" I smirked and she arched an eyebrow.
I leaned down and placed my lips on her.
We are going to be busy for a long time.
—————————————————————————————————————————-
"I can't believe we almost missed lunch because of_" she trailed off as her cheeks tinted pink.
We entered into the cafeteria and I chuckled. "Of what?" I teased and she glared at me.
We walked to the front to get our food. Nobody stopped us probably used to me breaking rules by now.
I got her the usual and headed to my table. Her friends followed.
I settled down and made her settle beside me. "Hey Asher" a girl from the cheerleading team drawled out and I ignored her turning to my girl.
My girl, it has a really nice ring to it. I would never get tired of saying that.
She is mine!
"It has been so long. Wouldn't you introduce us to your girlfriend?" Anders, one of the basketball player said.
"This is my girlfriend Stephanie" I stated everyone's name and introduced her friends also.
I am glad no one made any snarky comment even Katrina and her girls kept their mouth shut. "Asher, are you attending Drake's party on Friday?" a guy from the team asked making everyone turn their attention to me.
"Yeah" I replied and they cheered.
"Do you want to go?" I whispered hoping she would say yes.
"Hell yeah. I am going to be by my boyfriend's side all night, can't afford to allow this girls take him away from me" she said with a playful look and I smirked.
"No one is going to take me away from you" I said and kissed her briefly.
She turned to her friends and I turned to mine. "I was hoping someone was going to make a bad comment. I want to experience you putting them in their places" Matthew grumbled and I shake my head at him.
"I thought so but look like that little show gave everyone quite the scare" I said and we chuckled lightly.
I watched Matthew try to hit on one of the girls in the cheerleading team. To think I was once like that. 
"Can my friends come too?" I turned back to Stephanie and I nodded.
It wasn't my party but I can decide who attends and don't. I wield so much power in this school and I fucking love it.
"You don't have practice later today right?" she asked and I shook my head.
"Thank goodness. I wouldn't want you to get in trouble with your coach because of me" she sighed and I rolled my eyes.
"Did you just do that?" she whisper-yelled like she just saw the most fascinating thing in the world.
"What?" I asked because I wasn't sure what she was referring to.
"You just rolled your eyes" she stated and I raised an eyebrow as if to say So?
"I have imagined you doing that" she said with a smile and I was amused.
I forget she is also weird but I like her that way. Who imagines someone eye rolling?
I glanced at her to see her listening to what Amanda was saying.
Funny how I can remember all their names. I popped my last fries in my mouth and glanced at her tray. I stole one from her and she glared at me.
She doesn't like to share her food, noted.
The bell rang and we got up. We have got this English class together, the class that is super boring and I like disturbing her.