Chapter|77|

I wrapped a towel around my hair after putting on the robe.
I settled on Amanda's bed and waited to get the compulsory makeup done.
I don't know how we all manage to convince our moms to be here today.
They are all getting along downstairs while we doled up.
Lily was getting her makeup and hair done.
It was finally PROM.
The biggest event of the senior year.
I am so excited!
I am going with the man of my dreams.
We are going classy. Asher rented a limousine to cater for all of us. Daniel asked Nicky to prom. I haven't actually talked to her before but she seems pretty nice.
I think this is just a casual one off thing between them since they couldn't get a partner before prom.
"All done"the hair stylist said and Lily got up. She examined herself in the mirror and gasped.
For the makeup, she went with a simple gold eyeshadow with a thin layer of liquid eyeliner with a blood red color lipstick. She put a light blush on her face.
She curled her hair and let in fall to her back in bouncy waves.
Amanda moved to the vanity chair next being the fifth person to get doled up leaving me and Rose to be the last.
Lily went into the bathroom to change into her outfit.
She came out and she looked really stunning. Her dress was a red dress with thin straps having a scoop back. A unique seaming in front. It's fitted at the front showed a little bit of cleavage with her boobs pushed up. It flared around the waist all the way to her ankle. She paired it up with a five inches black heel.
"You look smoking hot girl"I whistled and she smiled doing a little twirl.
Olive has her hand down in an elegant side bun.
She wore a purple gown which had small specks of silver glitters seamed all the way to the hem of the dress. It was a bit tight at the top and flared all the way to her knee. She didn't want a long dress but this really did suit her well.
She didn't put on much makeup. Her eyeshadow is a mixture of black and purple. Her eye lid was sprinkled with purple sparkles. She had a bit of blush on her face which was definitely necessary. She applied a pale pink lipstick on her lips.

Amanda's dress was an emerald green with golden brown trimmings that went beautifully with her eyes. It was sleeveless and was almost backless. It was tight stopping few inches above her knee.
Her hair was styled in long, loose curls. It was pinned to stop it from falling over her face. She used an eyeliner that matched the color of her eyes, a little bit of blush covered her cheeks. Her lips were covered in bold eyed lipstick. She did a smokey eyeshadow which really complemented her face.

Angela went with a black dress. It was halter neck, the back was bare and the fabric fell over her waist like a beautiful draping. It was longer at the back than the front and the silver heels she wore really made the whole outfit stunning.
She filled her eyebrows just a bit and did a smokey eye, finishing it with some highlighter. Her hair was put in a high ponytail with two tendrils falling at sides of her hair.

Rose finished her makeup and moved to the walk in closet as I settled on the vanity chair. "Please keep the makeup minimal and natural"I said to the makeup artist and she nodded.
She turned the chair away from the mirror and got started on her work.
She poked me everywhere on my face and I closed my eyes waiting for her to be done. She applied primer long wear foundation and concealer. She added a flush of color with blush. She used powder to mattify the shine. She defined my brows with a black liquid pencil.
She gave my eyes a dose of sparkle and shine. She applied a layer of lip liner and matte lipstick.
Lock everything in with setting spray.
The hair stylist took over. She primed, plucked and pinned my hair.
I stepped into the bathroom to change into my midnight blue gown.

"Woah"Amanda gasped and I did a little twirl. "I am jealous of this dress"Angela pouted and I giggled.
Rose came out and looked really good in her cream dress. It had a mix of silver and cream beads in numerous design across the dress. It had a halter neck with two slit at the sides to show a bit of skin on her hips. The dress really displayed her curves well. Her hair was pulled into a tight bun in front of her head and she let a few curls loose frame her face.
We scanned each other outfits and sniffed. We did a group hug and a few tears escaped. Thank goodness we used waterproof makeup or the stylist would have our head for ruining their work.
"Group selfie"Amanda called.
We used a tissue to clean our face before getting together.
"Everyone say prom"Angela squealed.
It sounded dumb but we said it anyways.
We took lots of pictures, smiley face, pouting face, cute face, angry face, stuck out tongue face.
"It's finally here. High school is really over. We dreamt of this day so many times"Angela sniffed and I blinked to stop my tears.
"Don't make us cry again"Lily pouted and we laughed that out.
"I am sure our dates are already waiting for us downstairs"Rose said.
I dusted lint off my dress and put on my heels.
"Let's go"Amanda said and I moved in front.
I opened the door and groaned inwardly when I realized we have to climb down the stairs.
"Oh God!"Angela grumbled.
"We should have used the room downstairs"Lily added.
"I guess I have gotta walk barefooted"I removed my heels and the others followed suit.
I held my gown up to my knee to avoid slipping on the stairs.
I could hear the chatter going on downstairs.
I patted my hair and put my heels back on when I got to the last one.
"Let's do this"Amanda said and wiped my hands on my dress.
Amanda took the lead this time and the chatter stopped at the clanking of our heels.
Our moms gasped at the sight of us. I peered up at the boys through my peripheral view.
They looked stunned and I chuckled under my breath.
"You look amazing honey"my mom gushed and kissed my cheek.
She hugged me tight and I wrapped my hands around her feeling that motherly embrace.
"Thanks mom for everything" I mumbled into her shoulder and she patted my back gently.
"You grew up so fast. Like it felt like yesterday when you were still crawling round the house"she pulled away and I giggled at that.
"Mom, I am 17 now" I pouted and she chuckled.
"Yeah! I just wish you could be a child again. I miss my little child. Very soon, you will move out to go to college and a new phase of your life would begin"she sniffed and I pouted.
"I will come home during every break"
"It wouldn't be the same. It's an honor, grace to be here to watch you grow up"she blinked her eyes to stop the tears.
"I think Asher would take it up from here"she moved back and joined the other mom.
Asher moved forward and I pouted at his outfit.
He wrapped his hand around my waist. "You couldn't wear a shirt under this suit?"
I stared at his black tux with no undershirt. His chest was in full display.
Is he planning on murdering people tonight?
Especially ME!
My jealous side has been activated.
He had a blue handkerchief in his suit pocket.
"You would admit this looks cooler"I smiled at that.
"You look stunning babe. The wait was worth it"
"I told you"he chuckled and put a hand in his pant's pocket.
He brought it out and lifted my left hand to put a corsage around my wrist.
It had my favorite lilies making me grin.
"One more thing"I raised an eyebrow at that and he reached for his other pocket.
He gave me a small ruby box and gestured for me to open it.
I gasped at the inside and ran my fingers through it. It was a small gold chain with gemstone and matching earrings.
This screamed money!
"This looks expensive"
"You can't go to prom looking less than that"
"I already have the other chain on"
"This is my prom gift to you"
"I didn't get you anything"
"Your love is more than anything" he said in a serious tone and I smiled.
I took out the chain and gave it to him.
I turned my back to him so he could help me put it on.
He clasped it around my neck and the earrings.
"This looks more beautiful on you"
"Thank you"
"My pleasure"
"Group pictures then couples pic "one of the mom said.
I laced our fingers and tugged him towards the photo booth.
It was put in place just for today.
One of the parents even hired a professional photographer for this.
We all moved together and smiled for the camera.
We posed for lot of pictures before they decided it was time for the couples pic.
Lily and Mike went first followed by Angela and Rob, then Amanda then Olive then Rose then me.
The first pic: I hooked my hands behind his neck and he wrapped his around my waist.
The second pic: we stared at each other's eyes intently as if trying to read what was on our minds.
The third pic: he cracked a joke and I giggled at that.
We took a lot but I love those three more.
"More"Amanda's mom said and we shook our head.
"No more pics more. We are done"Amanda grumbled and we headed outside.
I stared at the sleek limousine excited to finally ride in one.
We had a chauffeur who was already standing by the door.
I hugged my mom again before entering.
I gaped at the interior and mouthed a 'wow'. The seats were leather and the interior was magnificent.
There was a small bar at the back. The long seat was in a U-shape.