Chapter|29|

I ducked my head just in time to see a basketball fly over my head. It lands a few feet away from me.
What the hell was that?
I looked in front of me to see Katrina fuming and Asher standing in front of her. Did she just throw that ball at me and did he just save my head.
He remembers my name.
That is what you are focusing on.
A few people have gathered to watch the show. "Why the fuck would you do that?" Asher's voice boomed through the hall.
"You kept staring at her and I was annoyed" she replied matching his tone.
He was staring at me.
Oh my god!
He ignored you for a month,let's remember that.
"That is not enough reason to try to hurt her" he sneered and my heart fluttered.
He didn't deny the fact that he was staring at me.
Why does his words still affect me so much after he hurt me so much?
She was about to reply but he held a hand up silencing her. "Don't you ever do that to anyone again" he said in a sinister voice and she cowered in fear.
He started walking towards me and I fiddled with my fingers nervous.
"You didn't get hurt right?" he asked scanning my body.
"No, thank you" I said quickly and sauntered to my class.
I am proud.
It took a lot of willpower to walk away from him. He shouldn't expect a warm welcome after ignoring me for a month.

"We are going to talk about _" I couldn't focus on the teacher's remaining words because my thoughts were jumbled.
Why was he staring at me?
He defended me in front of everyone
Actually he defended all the people Katrina bullied. Remember his words : 'don't you ever do that to anyone''.
You always love messing with my mood.

"That is all for the class" the teacher said and my eyes widened.
Didn't the class just start now?
Quit dreaming babe, the class started minutes ago. How had you know when you were busying reading much meanings into his words again? You haven't learn a lesson from the last time.
I can't help it. Everything he does is always etched to my brain and I can get rid of it.
Why do you keep messing with me Asher?
You wanna be scolded because you are already running late for the next class.
With that, I packed my things quickly and rushed to the my next class.
Mrs Molly, why on earth would I be late to her class?
"So that is how_" Mrs Molly's voice trailed off as I opened the door slowly. All eyes turned to look at me. "Miss Walker, would you mind explaining why you are coming to my class late?" she scowled out and I winced internally.
Should I just go with my normal line? 'The teacher asked me to wait behind to discuss things'.
I have a feeling that wouldn't work together so don't bother.
"I left the previous class late because I was explaining some things to a fellow classmate" I lied through my teeth fiddling with my fingers. I hope she buys it. "Next time, do that at a free period. I am pardoning you because this is your first time. Go take a seat" she said and I breathed a sigh of relief.
"Thank you very much" I said with a small smile and she scowled the more at me.
I got a seat at the back and thankful Asher isn't in this class. I can't forget what happened the last time.
This guy is a full package. Just the first day of him coming back into my life and I am already experiencing problems.
Stop thinking about him or you will miss this class explanation.
I took deep breaths and settled my eyes on Mrs Molly. I tried so hard to concentrate and was able to jot down a lot of things. "See you next class" she ended and I packed my things quickly.
"That was a first"a voice said giggling making me scoff. "Keep laughing about my horrible situation" I sneered.
"Why had you come late to class? Was it because of what happened in the hallway?"Rob asked and I stared at him shocked. "You my girl are really trending. Everyone is talking about the girl Asher defended from Katrina's claws"he replied as we headed to our next class which was along the same way.
"It is not a big deal" I replied running my hands through my hair frustrated.
"It is not everyday we see the Golden boy defending someone. You definitely mean something to him"
"That is not true. I don't want to read too much meaning into this but you are making it impossible for me" I groaned out.
"I am sorry" he said and I shrugged. He stopped when he got to the door of his next class. "See you at lunch" she said with a wave before entering her class.
I walked forward a few second before getting to mine. I settled in my perfect seat and waited for the teacher to start teaching. I am not going to think about him again in this class. "We will go just round up this book and talk about the play that will be part of your grade" the Literature teacher started and the door creaked open.
"Why do you boys like interrupting my class?" The teacher said with a huge scowl making me groan.
Why did he have to come to class on the day I am trying to get rid of his thoughts in my head. "We don't like this either. We were with coach" his deep masculine voice boomed through the class and I focused my eyes on him.
You will forever like him.
I hope not because we can never be something.
"I don't believe you" the teacher sneered.
"We are telling the truth sir" Daniel said in a polite manner unlike someone.
"Just take your phone and ask coach" Asher grumbled and the teacher glared hard at him. He was unfazed at the reaction and casually put his hands in his pockets. The teacher actually heed to his words and went to his table. He dialed a number on his phone and talked in hushed voice.
"Go take a seat" he mumbled after he put his phone back down.
They passed by my row and I caught a sniff of his cologne.
I glanced back to see where he sat at.
He is seated three seats away from me.
That should be the least of your problems right now. He ghosted you for a month.
You don't have to keep reminding me that. I can't just help but care about this little things about him.
"Where was I?" The teacher asked tapping his chin and I snorted silently.
Is he waiting for us to say something?
"I was talking about us ending the book and the play" he said with a small smile.
We finished reading the book minutes after. "So the play, it will be acted at the school hall and all the students will be present to watch" he explained.
I am not really good at acting.
You can lie very well so...
I am not a very good liar okay. "You all have to participate so I could grade you. Divide yourself into groups like the costume group, lightening group. I don't have to explain everything to you. I have to go and meet the principal now for some issues. Use the remaining time for this class to plan" he said and left the class.
Everybody was quiet for a minute. "Stephanie coordinate this stuffs" a girl I don't know her name sitting beside me said and my eyes widened.
"Why...me" I stuttered out.
Gosh stop being such a fool.
"You are the smartest one here" she shrugged and I groaned inwardly.
"Of all people, you chose her" a voice said from somewhere in the class.
"Exactly this lowlife"
"I am not going to sit here and watch this girl address us"
"Smartest one here my foot"
I bit my lips to stop myself from sobbing. How can they say such mean things about me. It is just to address them and they are being like this
"If you guys think she can't do it then who will. I don't know why the fuck you guys are criticizing her. If I was chosen, will I be insulted like this. Why the fuck are you guys like this?" a deep masculine voice boomed and my heart fluttered again.
I stared at him couldn't believing my ears. He is defending me again.
He doesn't just like people talking bad about other people.
I scanned everyone's face and I think his words actually got to them. "You"he said pointing in my direction and I looked behind me.
You idiot, you are the first on this row so there is no one behind you.
"Me?" I asked he nodded shaking his head amused. "Let's discuss our plans for the play" he said and I nodded standing up.
"Hey guys" I started with a small voice unsure of what to say.
"Not everyone would be acting but every work into contributing into the play will be considered as much important" I continued.
I fiddled with my fingers not sure I am making any sense.
I can't believe I am saying this but you are doing well.
That is sweet of you to say.
Continue talking and make me proud for the first time in your life.
I reached for my bag and grabbed my jotting note.
Opening to a blank page, I hold the book to my chest and turned back to face the class. "This book will be passed round. Write your name which group you wish to be, phone number to create a group to discuss things about the play"I said hoping some people wouldn't tear my note.
I put the book in front of the person in the first row and settled back in my chair following the book with my eyes.
Surprisingly, everyone actually wrote something in the book.
They can write shit stuffs about you for all you know.
The book was passed back to me and I decided to check it after the class.
"Thank you for cooperating with me. So the group would be created then we will know when our next meeting would be" I ended and the door opened revealing the teacher. His lips twitched up a bit when he saw me standing. The bell rang immediately and his usual scowl settled back on his face. "That is all for now, the play is in six weeks. We will talking about a different topic entirely next week" he explained.
I walked out first and rested on the wall waiting for a certain person.
His eyes landed on me and he whispered things to his friends making them leave. Daniel gave me a small smile while Matthew just gave me a once over. "Thank you for defending me back there" I said fiddling with my fingers not meeting his eyes.
"No problem. If you need help with coordinating then you can call on me. I can be your little assistant" he said making me giggle at his words. I stopped myself when I remembered the whole ghosting situation. He can't just come back and pretend everything is fine between us.
—————————————————————————————————————————-
I ran my hand through my hair in frustration already dreading this lunch. To avoid stares from people and questions from my friends.
I didn't have a choice since I was feeling hungry. I have not wearing a hoodie on the day I actually need one. I would have just put the hood over my head, collect the food and run to the library.
This red dress is bold so they will easily spot me in the crowd.
I entered the cafeteria and headed first to the food area. I decided to get fries and milkshake. I scanned the place for my friends before walking towards them.
Some people spoke in hushed voice as I walked pass by them. While some just stared blatantly. "Hello people" I said as I settled down.
"Looks like you had a great morning, you are all the whole school is talking about" Angela squealed making me groan.
"That is such a good way of putting it" I said with a tight smile before glaring at her. "Tell us what actually happened?" Lily said and I groaned.
"Tell us how he went from ignoring you to defending you" Amanda said leaning close to me making me regret sitting down beside her.
If not for hunger, I would have headed to the library and run out of school as the last bell rings for school closing.
I narrated what happened and included what happened in the literature class.
"Oh my God! He is so dreamy when he acts like that"Angela breathed out dramatically putting her hands on her face.
"So dreamy" I mocked matching her tone making her slap my hands playfully.
"What is his deal?" Amanda asked tapping her chin. I shrugged and continued pooping hot fries into my awaiting mouth and glanced around to see my people still staring at me. I tried to look for the person who is the cause of all this. I saw him talking to Daniel and for the first the time,I don't see a girl around him. I averted my eyes so as not to be caught staring. I take a sip of my milkshake and tapped my hand on the table trying to pinpoint the reasons behind his attitude towards me today. The bell rang. "Bye"I said to my friends picking up my trash. "Don't sweat it girl"Amanda cheered me up. "Where are you heading to"Lily asked. "To the library"I replied. "Lucky you"Angela added. I headed to the library after disposing my trash.
"Hello Mrs. Pika"I say before heading to the back. I take a seat on the black leather couch before bringing out the note from the literature class. I fiddled with my fingers scared to open it to see what people write in it.
Can you just open it already. You are wasting our precious time.
Taking a deep breath,I open the book. As I expected,there were are few jabs and some people actually wrote meaningful things. Scanning through the names,I looked for a certain person.
Such an easy way to get his number but I can't chat him up. I need to ignore him just as he did to me.
How are you sure he is going to talk to you again. He is just defending people from bullies clutch not you.
What makes you so sure of that too.
Not getting any response back, I took out my phone to create the said group. I created the group and decided to drop a message.
Hey guys. This is the play group. If you have any ideas,please don't hesitate to share. Have a nice day-Stephanie.

I stored Asher's number as 'Jerk' on my phone.
Definitely a jerk but let's not forget he defended you today.
Why can't you stick to a lane. You just said he was defending every victim of bully and now ... Stop confusing me and yourself.
I rub my temples already feeling an headache coming. A lot have happened today. Taking out my Biology textbook,I decided to do some catching up on my reading.
——————————————————————————————————————————-
"You've got half an hour for this test"the English teacher said before distributing to the test papers to us.
Make me proud.
This is the second time today you are making me happy.
Don't get used to it.
I massaged my fingers as I dropped my pencil on my test paper. Easy as always! I glanced around the class to see some people struggling with the questions. I stared back at the teacher who was watching us closely.
"Drop your pencils"the teacher announced before he started collecting back the papers. I packed my things and headed out of the class. I waited in the hallway for my friends since it was closing. "Hey"Angela said immediately she got to where I was standing and the others followed. We chatted for a while about random things before going our separate ways.
****
Getting to my room,I grabbed fresh clothes and headed to the shower. Cooking dinner,I headed to the living room and settled on the couch. I grabbed my phone to check if I had any notifications.
When is our first meeting?-Jerk.
My heart skipped a beat even though the message wasn't directed at me.
It is directed at you since you are leading this things.
Not at me directly if you get what I mean.
I don't know why my body reacts to everything he does.
Just an ordinary message not directed at me and I am feeling this way.
I am surprised to see him actually serious about schoolwork. He doesn't really care about his grades from what I see.
I don't think it is any of your business.
I know but I care about everything related to him.
I still like him so much. Him ghosting me didn't make me like him less.
Why didn't I ?
For the nth time, what are you doing to me Asher?

What are you doing Asher? What is your deal?
What do you guys think his deal is?
After ghosting her for a month to defending her.
It is actually a good thing to stand up to bullies. Katrina was given a taste of her own medicine.

What are your thoughts on Stephanie's feelings? Do you think she is a fool for still feeling this way?
Who is your favorite character so far? Mine is Asher, sorry Stephanie.
Are you guys interested in Asher's POV?
I really said a lot in this chapter.
Don't
Forget
To
Vote
And
Comment
Xoxo
~Aridah.