9.

Chapter Nine

The backstage of Fastlane was busy, there were people everywhere. All three rosters were in the arena getting ready for the show.

Quannie was feeling overwhelmed by it but when she saw how excited Kamari was, everything else canceled out in her head.

Joshua led them to the makeup area because that's where Kayla usually hangs out before the show starts. Kayla didn't know her sisters were coming so they were going to surprise her.

"Damn, I'm out of breath walking around here," Nukkie said.

"I'll carry you," Zilla said, picking her up without waiting for her permission.

Nukkie squealed and wrapped her arms around his neck as he carried her bridal style.

They finally made it to the makeup area and Kayla jumped for joy when she saw her sisters. "Oh my God! How? What are you guys doing here?" Kayla asked.

They greeted each other with hugs.

"Joshua invited us," Quannie answered.

Kayla introduces them to the girls and the make-up team hanging around. "These are my sisters and our best friend, Kylie," Kayla said.

"Y'all share a best friend?" Zilla asked.

"Yup," Kylie answered.

Kylie has been their best friend since they were kids. They met the summer before starting middle school through a foster care summer program, and the rest was history.

"Been like that since we kids and it's going to stay like that," Quannie said.

"I respect the loyalty," Zilla said.

"So, Kayla where's the boy you like?" Nukkie asked.

Kayla shakes her head and ignores Nukkie's question.

"Thank you, Josh, for getting them here. You know how long I've been trying to get them to come to a show," Kayla said, looking at Joshua.

"I was just gonna ask why haven't you guys been to a show," Joshua said.

"Because the last time we watched wrestling was when Melina, do you remember her? She used to walk in with two guys, and then she would do a whole split on the ropes. She would enter the ring on a split," Quannie said.

"But we do watch Kayla's segments and The Bump, that's about it so why come," Nukkie added.

Joshua and Kayla shake their heads.

"That's crazy, so you had no idea who I was?" Joshua asked Quannie.

"I hate to say it -- I hope I don't sound ridiculous -- I don't know who this man is. I mean, he could be walking down the street, I wouldn't. Sorry to this man," Quannie answered Joshua by using the Keke Palmer meme.

Everyone laughs.

"Damn, that's fucked up," Joshua said.

After talking for a few minutes, Joshua lets them know he has to go over his match with Cody. As soon as he starts walking away, Kamari starts crying. Joshua stops and looks at her with a small smile. "Come on, Kay," Joshua said.

Kamari ran as fast as her little feet could carry her as he scooped her up in his arms, taking her with him to meet Cody.

"And I thought I was spoiled," Jeyce said.

"Since you got to the arena, you've been holding Quannie's hold, you are spoiled," Zilla said.

Jeyce looked down at his and Quannie's hands intertwined and smiled.