Imagine 11: Memories😟 (Lost Boys)

requested by JamieWood821

pairing: Lilly x memories

summary: *Years after everything happened, Lilly finds herself coming back to the Santa Carla cave to remember good and bad memories...*

*Lilly's POV*

It feels...both welcoming and unwelcoming, walking down these steps again, hearing the entrance of the cave where my life began and ended.
I tried getting Marko to come, but he refused.
"I don't want to see it again, Lilly. Not after everything that's happened."
Everything that's happened.
I shudder.
Still, I try to block the bad thoughts, and focus on the good.
I step inside before I jump and land in the center of the now empty cave, eyes staring at everything.
Memories flood my chest.
All the times I've walked this same cave floor, throwing water balloons at my brothers, eating Chinese food, listening to Paul's music...
My heart stings a little.
I glance over to where Michael Emerson sat the night David gave him a drink from the bottle to become one of us.
What a crazy night that was...
I look at the corners of the cave, the memories of when Paul told me about his oldest brother, and the memories of Dwayne telling me about his youngest sister.
Family from there pasts before they became vampires.
I sigh, clutching the only remnants I have of them in my pockets.
"I miss you guys," I say in my head.

I go back to my old room that the guys specifically had made for me, since I was there little sister, and the only girl before Star showed up.
Star...I wonder how she's doing.
How all of them are doing. Laddie, Michael, Sam...

I bite my bottom lip, hand raised to tuck some of my black hair behind my ear.
I still can't get the image out of my head the night my brothers died.
It haunts me when I least expect it too.
Before long, I leave my old bedroom, tip toeing around in the cave as I hear voices from the past.
Soon, I climb back out of the cave towards my bike.
Marko sits on his, head tilting as he stares at me, knowing exactly what I'm going through.
He opens his arms, and I run to them, crying in his chest as he rubs a comforting hand up and down my back.
"Its okay, Lilly," he says, "its okay..."
I wipe my tears away, before Marko motions me to go back on my bike so that we can ride for our new home before the sun comes up.

thanks for reading!!