31. Library Date

Ben

" And there is one more thing I want to tell you," I nodded and leaned back on my seat , waiting patiently for him to continue. 

1 minute passed. No response. 

5 minutes passed. Still no response. Now I was getting worried and very very impatient. I cleared my throat to grab his attention and raised my brows for him to speak. 

His bottom lip wobbled as he spoke, " I-i am gay. "

It took me a few seconds to let that information sink within me. My little brother is gay, he's attracted to male, only male. It came as a bite of surprise because I wasn't expecting this but I wasn't shocked. 

Before I could react he started crying hysterically," I am sorry! I shouldn't have said this. I know you're not comfortable with this. I'll just leave n--"

He got up from his place and moved to leave. I grabbed his wrist and pulled him back on his seat, wrapping my arms around him. I hugged him tightly. 

" It's fine. Everything is fine," I assured him and kissed his temple. " Your being gay would never change my love for you. You'll always be my little Leo. You get that?"

He sniffed and nodded. He wrapped his arms around my torso and snuggled into my arms. I smiled wide, after so long I was finally hugging my brother. This little moment brought all those nostalgic memories back. 

My memories with Cole, Chris and most importantly Theo. 

It feels so satisfying and comforting to have family, to have brothers who care about you. Maybe they do care about me but they just don't know how to show. Leo being the kid made the first move and apologised to me but I'm sure none of the others are going to do that. 

Cole with his massive ego would rather get hit by a truck then apologise to me or even confront me, Chris would probably come to me but he's scared that he might trigger me more and Theo, well he did apologise to me. 

Now it's my turn to take steps. To accept my imperfect and stupid brothers. 

" I love you, Leo and I am so damn happy that you shared this with me. That you trusted me enough with this, you're really strong my baby boy," I cupped his fluffy cheeks and kissed his forehead. 

A red tint appeared on his face and looked down," And there is one more thing I want to share. " I nodded for him to continue. " I kinda have a crush on your friend- Chase."

" What?! "

*
*
*
As we entered the place she turned towards me with a surprise look," Ben, why are we here?" 

I shrugged and stared across the place filled with books and books. Her favourite place and my not so favourite place : Library. I don't have any problem with coming here, for sleeping. 

"I'm getting bored so I thought I should try new hobbies, like reading. " Now this was a complete lie, I would rather paint all day then read 10 pages but how do I tell her the truth? That I want to spend time with her but I was confused on where to take her. So I went with the safest option. 

" You said you hate reading?"

" But you love it," I stepped closer to her and placed a blonde strand behind her ear. She looked at me with those cute doe eyes. " So, it's enough for me to give it a try. "

Her cheeks changed into a beautiful shade of pink as I leaned further towards her. Giving me a light push she started walking ahead, sighing heavily I followed her into the library. The amount of books in the reply shocked me. Who even reads this many books?