14. Skating

What are your favourite tropes in Romance books?

___________
Bianca

I walked towards the ground with a smile wider than yesterday. Till now I was helping him because of a promise but from now on I have serious reason to help him.

He's my Ben, my Bee. My childhood best friend and my secret crush who I'm currently crushing on. I  started liking him without even knowing that he's the person for whom I came here.

Officially I'm the most stupid girl in the world, I was stalking him for month and didn't even recognise who he is.

The cute , chubby boy that I knew had now turned into a handsome, tall man. It's impossible for anyone to recognise him by just looking at his childhood face. Maybe it's because of his missing smile. That diamond smile is the identity of my Ben, with that one smile I can identify him. But now it had gone missing and I have no idea how to bring it back.

"Hey Bianca", I stopped on my track as I heard Chase voice. No matter how much I try to run away from him he always finds his way to me. I guess ignoring him is not the solution.

" I am sorry Chase but I need to--"

"Bianca, you don't need to lie", I looked down as he caught my lie. " I just want to ask that are you free for a coffee? "

My eyes went wide at his words, is he asking me out?

"No just friendly hangout", he immediately added.

" I am not free today"

"Then this Saturday"

"Ok"

I didn't want to agree but I was already late to meet Ben so I just want to escape the situation.

I ran towards the tree and found Ben at same place.

"Hey", I greeted and sat besides him.

He nodded his head like always and started eating sandwich.

Chase actually gave me a great idea, hanging out with him. Maybe by this I can get to know him better. If only he'll agree to go out.

"Would you like to hangout with me? ", I asked not looking at him, embarrassed to hear his answer which I already know will be 'no' ,if not some rude remark.

" Where? ", My eyes wide in surprise at the affirmative reply.

" At some park"

"Ok"

I wanted dance at his words. I didn't expected him to agree so soon. I mean it was a good progress, actually more than good. I couldn't hide the smile appearing on my face.

I was confuse on what to wear, it's first time I'll spend time with Ben in years. The smile on my face was not leaving, I just hope he doesn't find me stupid.

After thinking for minutes I changed into T-shirt and skinny jeans. I combed my hair and pinned few strands. He already told me the address of the park and it's the same park where he goes everyday, so it's not tough to find.

Thankfully Brittany was out so I didn't have to worry about any excuse. I don't like lying to her but I don't have any other option. I don't want her to worry for nothing.

After few minutes, the bus stop came and I entered. A thought came to my mind, Ben is son of billionaire still he goes by bus and I haven't seen him in car. Other than Kevin's car, he never uses any transport which is weird. There are many things going in his mind and I needed to know that.

I started walking towards the park, as I entered he was sitting on his special place, away from everyone on a single bench. He was wearing his red hoodie and black jeans, his hair were falling on his forehead and by now it look really long.

"Hey", I greeted him with a smile.

He nodded and I took a sit besides him. Far away children were playing and many old people were sitting. Laughing, smiling and being happy it was the emotion on everyone's face, except Ben.

His face was emotionless like always.

I got up from the bench gaining his attention, " Come", I said motioning him to get up.

"Where? ", he asked.

" For a walk", I replied. "Please", I added when he showed no sign of getting up. He reluctantly got up.

" Let's play 20 questions ", I suggested while walking with him. He nodded his head so I took it as a sign to start. " Favourite colour? "

It was the most stupid question but the one that came to my mind so I just blurted it out.

He chuckled lowly at my question, I know it's silly but it's always a safe start, " Black", he replied and asked his question, "your?"

"Yellow", I immediately said. " Favorite movie"

"I don't have one", he shrugged. I gave him a shocked look but he ignored it. " Your?"

"Titanic", I said and he again shook is head maybe my choices are bit girly. " Favorite food? "

"Pastries, maybe", he said. He was about to say but I stopped him.

" Don't ask 'your'. It's ok if you are getting bored we can stop", I tried not to sound sad but I couldn't control my emotions.

"Bianca, I am not a friendly type of guy. This is not my thing", he sigh. I could see that it's tough for him to come out of his comfort zone but I can't lose hope.

I saw few teenagers skating and instantly got a idea. I ran towards them ignoring Ben's curious glare.

"Excuse me can I get your skates for few minutes? ", I asked one of them.

" Yaa sure", the cute boy said and handed my two pair of skates.

I ran back to Ben, he raised his eyebrows looking at the skating shoes.

"Get ready for skating", I said handing him the skates.

" I don't know how to do skating "

"Neither do I", I removed my shoes and wore those skates.

He was still standing there holding it.

" Wear it", I said.

Finally He removed his shoes  and wore those skate.

We started walking slowly inside the ground, my legs were shaking violently. My hands started moving for support but I didn't get any and in result I ended up falling.

"Ahh", I groaned in pain.

I heard a deep laughter, Ben was laughing at me while holding his stomach. Not only him but even the children around us were laughing at me.

" Stop laughing ", I shouted with a pout but it didn't have any effect on him.

I pulled his leg and just like me he ended up falling. Now it's my turn to laugh, I fell on the ground laughing badly.

Both of us got up and started skating holding each others hand. We fall for infinity times and ended up laughing badly, both my butt and cheeks were paining. But I enjoyed it, seeing him laughing so freely it made me happy.

His face was free from worry and stress. He looked so handsome while smiling.
The way his eyes were shining , I couldn't help but feel even more attracted towards him.

My Ben was back. For few minutes only but still , I got reassurance that his past self was still hidden inside him. And there was still a big chance to get him back.

And that was more than enough for me.

______
Hello everyone, I hope all of you are doing well.

Please, vote on this chapter and tell me your reviews.

Lots of love
~Naina💕