16. Date with Chase

How many people from your family/ friends knows about the stories you read on Wattpad?

_________

Bianca

My Dad  knew how soft hearted I was . That's why he lectured me on how to take stand for myself, say no to people and be a bad girl. But all his efforts seemed to have gone in vain.

Because I just couldn't say 'no'.

Today is Saturday, the day Chase told me to meet him. It's supposed to be a friendly meet but I am not sure if I should go. If I ran away today then he'll come after me tomorrow,so the only thing I can do is face him.

Yes, Bianca you can do. Just go there and tell him that you're not interested in him.

It's easier said than done.

I groaned and got out of my room to face the devil. I have no idea from where he got my number but his message came at that time. It was the address of the cafe near my place.

Entering the cafe I looked around to find him and my eyes stopped on a hand waving at me. I smiled a little and made my way towards him.

"Hey, Chase",I greeted him as I sat in front of him.

"Hello Bianca",he smiled back. "You look cute".

I mumbled a "thank you", and looked around thinking of the way I can exit from here.

"Bianca, you're not seriously thinking that we're on a date, right?",his voice was filled with amusement.

"What?! N-no",I shifted in my place, trying not to show my nervousness.

Suddenly, he started laughing loudly and shook his head.

"You're so innocent",he teased. I just huffed and turned my head away. "When I said I consider it a date, I was just teasing you. I didn't even think that you'll come".

I frowned not understanding what he was saying. Then why did he call me here? Why did he want to meet me?

As if reading mind he answered," Bianca, will you be my friend?". He raised his hand towards me for shaking. I placed my hand in his and shook it.

We continued talking for about an hour, talking about our dreams and studies.

"I want to be a lawyer",he said with a grin, I laughed at him. He thinned his eyes at me. " You think I'm joking. You're not the only scholarship student over here, I also passed that exam".

My mouth went wide thinking hearing this, Chase studies. That sounded so bad, I was just bring too judgemental but I didn't expect Chase to become a lawyer.

"What do you want to be?",he sipped his drink.

A writer.

"I-i am not sure",I lied as I was too embarrassed to voice my thoughts out. " Tell me about your family, Chase".

I tried to change the topic before he catches my lie. But it seemed like my question was wrong, as the smile went away from his face.

"It's fine, if you don't want to answer",I said.

He shook his head," Nah, it's just that I don't have a family like yours. It's just me and my mom. "

I didn't ask anything further. We just did light hearted talk, the more I talked with him the more I realised how wrong I judged him. He was the playboy I potrayed in my mind in fact he was a great guy.

*
*
*

Would you like to come at my place?

I typed but then erased it back.