8.

iFAIRYTALE KaMAGEZA

𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐭 8

MAHLATHINI

"You're very generous" she says with a warm smile. Generosity is one of the main things his grandmother taught him from a young age 'A hand that gives is more blessed than the one that receives' that's what she would say. He's grown now but he still believes good things will come to him when he gives.

"I think I'll be coming back here more often, your wors is the best I've had yet" she says devouring the meat. His wors is coming straight from the butcher, specially made the way he wants it.

"I would be happy if you come back" he says with a smile. He genuinely means it. This lovely lady has captured something in him. He's keen to get to know her better, if she allows him.

They finish eating and he walks her to the car "I understand you don't want me to pay for the taxi, but can you at least accept a Thank you. It will put me at ease because right now I feel like I owe you" she says turning to face him as they reach a car.

"Okay" he says. He doesn't want to accept her money but he also doesn't want her to feel like she owes him.

They exchange numbers and bank details before she hops into the car "Be safe" he says closing the door for her.

"I'm more cautious now" she says with a smile "Thank you for the hospitality Mahla-"

"Jackson" he cuts her before she butchers his name "That's my formal name"

Mahlathini was his late fathers name.
The taxi drivers who were his father's friends would call him Mahlathini omncane, that's how he ended up being Mahlathini. He carries the name with honour.

"Manje uyena umakoti loya?" Shibase asks when he returns to the table. He just laughs "Ey ungabe uqophe umlando mfana" he says with a shoulder tap and the other man agree. He has never imagined himself with a white woman let alone marrying one, is it even possible? Can she love a man like him? He shakes the thoughts and returns his attention back to the conversation on the table. He doesn't want to dream too much.