10

The last couple of days have been so painful without Gally, everyday is like being stabbed with a sword in my stomach and heart continuously. I never catch him staring at me, it hurts my chest seeing him moving on so quickly without me.
It was bound to happen after what I did to him. I guess he got his revenge.

I've been sat next to Chuck for hours on end as he tries to teach me chess, "This is bullshit. None of it makes sense!" He watches me struggle, clearing off another one of my pawns.

A young girl approaches Chuck, making him jump. My brows raise and I'm introduced to Amber, his little girlfriend.

"Hello. I'm Amber. And you must be y/n!" She grins, ecstatically.

I nod my head and raise my brows, leaning over to Chuck, "She's cute, right?" He nudged my shoulder and goes back to talking with Amber.

My smile dropped as my eyes lock with Gally's, he quickly breaks the contact and continues with his building. My stomach drops knowing we cant come back from this.

"Y/n!" Minhos voice echos, I avert my attention towards him, praying it'll take my mind off of Gally.

I stand up in front of him, "What's up?" I clear my throat.

He leans in towards my right ear, whispering, "Don't tell anymore, but I have a way to get into the maze without us being punished."

My brows raised, highly intrigued.

His hand reached for mine, almost dragging me towards the map room, giggling, which I know full well sent Gally into an orbit of jealousy.

Minho explains to me clearly the different entrances into the maze, telling me about how it might be different than our old one but it's all we got.

I retreat off to me and Gally's hut, I walk in seeing Gally next to the bed, packing his stuff into a duffel bag.

I stop in my path, clearing my throat, "Oh sorry. I'm just here to collect a—"

He turns towards me, not locking his eyes with mine, "It's fine. Whatever. I'm out of here soon anyway." He begins to aggressively stuff his items in a small bag, before almost knocking me over as he walks out the door.

My brows furrowed, also grabbing a bag and stuffing it with food, weapons and a survival items. I get dressed with green denim shorts and a white tank. I wrapped a band around my thigh, tucking a small blade in it for extra measures. Tying my hair up into a high ponytail, making sure it's secure and tight.

Dark came quick and I was told to meet Minho outside of the kitchen after the bonfire, once everybody went to bed and when the moon reached fully, I make myself quietly out of my hut.

My eyes peer at Minho, standing against a wooden wall with his arms crossed, "Minho." I whisper, giving him a twirl at my outfit.

His eyebrows raise, chuckling, he lets out an exasperated 'wow'.

I giggle, grabbing his arm, forcing him to run towards the entrance of the maze. Freedom feels so good looking at the maze in front of me, "You ready?" I gulp.

He smirks, "Definitely."

We both set foot into the maze, marking the walls with a marker, marking 'x'.
We were smart enough to take a torch with us, love the 21st century technology.

We approach a really tall line of vines that look so climb able, I look over at Minho, almost asking permission to climb up. At first he shakes his head, but I ignore his assertive.
I climb the vines before he can grab me, waving my hand for him to follow, he exhaled, following me behind.

About 5 rush by and my hands get tired until I reach the top, it was probably one of the tallest walls in the maze, "Holy shit."

Minho reaches the top, looking at the view of our glade at night, the way the lights from the glade shone as one, it seems we're all alone this time.

My heavy breathing takes over my laughter, "It's so beautiful."

Minho looks over to him, admiring my admiration, "Yeah it is." Implying towards me, but I'm naive and didn't notice this until he grabs my waist, forcing me softly towards him and pressing his lips against mine.

A blissful firework exploded in my stomach and a wave took over me to kiss him back, I run my hands through his hair, his large arms pull my waist further in.

The electrical energy I feel everywhere in my body stirs inside of me like a cauldron. The sound of grievers add a little bit of spice to this kiss. Our tongue battle with dominance. I want all of him at this moment.
He pulls from the kiss, our foreheads touching, he smiles softly, pushing himself for another sensual kiss.

I groan, pulling away, "This feels wrong, you're my bestfriend.

I keep my distance from him. I could see his heart breaking in his glossy eyes, his arms drop in defeat and despair, "I'm sorry." He admits.

My brows furrowed, all my emotions are going crazy, I want Minho but I need Gally.

I shake my head, cupping his cheeks with my hands, "I can't do this to Gally."

His eyes lock with mine, he grows infuriated, more then I've ever seen him be with me, "You've broken up."

I shrug, "There may still be something there." I gulp, pulling away from his face.

His hot breath filled the breeze full air, he chuckles sarcastically, "Why can't you face it?! You don't give him the same look that you used to give him. Coming from your BEST FRIEND I see things y/n. You make yourself so gullible and naive that it's sad." He exhales, happy to get it off his chest.

My lips stay parted as I look at him blankly. I sit down on top the wall, looking off towards the glade, "Have you ever had love where everything feels like a puzzle. Where nothing matters to you. Where you can feel free to be at your lowest or highest with them. That's what it feels like between me and Gally, I feel complete." I mutter with my eyes towards the floor.

He sits beside me, calmed down, "Love can make you believe a lie."