Chapter 4: Double-Take.

Cameron's POV.

I waited by my locker on Monday morning and again he did not show up. It was bugging me as I had Maths again this afternoon and I wanted my book back. I didn't want to have to copy another lesson into it when he eventually returned it.

At Registration, Eric was a great help. Fed up with my whinging, he just said that the boy might not even know he had it until he had a Maths lesson himself.

It was as simple as that, and I had never even given it so much as a thought. I decided to look for him during morning break. There was not much else I could do.

I went outside and wandered around, seeing if I could spot him in the playground or on the field.

As I passed the tennis courts I saw him, over by the five-a-side football court, sitting in the stands watching a game.

He looked at me as I approached and gave a weak smile.

"Hey! When we bumped into each other on Friday we got our Maths books muddled up."

He looked at me nonplussed. His eyes showed no hint of recognition.

"Don't you remember?" I thrust his Maths book in front of him. "This is yours... right?"

He shook his head and I saw him looking away behind me. There was a look of panic in his eyes.

"N-n-n-n-n-no!" He managed to blurt out, his tanned skin deepening as he blushed. He started to wave his hand, almost uncontrollably, I guessed to someone on the court behind me.

This was the same boy. I was sure about that, but somehow he was different.

On hearing footsteps behind me I turned around and was faced with the guy from Friday jogging towards me.

His face immediately broke into a broad grin as he recognised me.

"See you met my twin, Kaiden, then! I've got a feeling you thought he was me, right?"

All I could do was nod at this stage. The sight of him with his white short sleeved shirt on, buttons all undone, exposing a toned and well defined torso had sent my blood rushing through my body at a hundred miles an hour.

"What's up?" He asked, as he started to button up his shirt.

"When we bumped into each other on Friday our Maths books got swapped." I handed him his exercise book to prove it.

"Ow!" He exclaimed. His smile instantly made his face come alive. "I didn't realise. Sorry. But hey! Let's get one thing clear, it was you that bumped into me, right? You were the one that wasn't looking where you were going."

"Yeah Right! I ain't gonna argue with you too much on that score, but I have a notion you were running.... and that's against the rules."

"Bovvered?" He sarcastically replied, holding his forefinger to his chin and giving me a couldn't care less look to accompany it.

I was lost for a suitable retort. Damn him! "Would you be able to give me back mine? I have Maths again this afternoon and do not want to be without it."

He smiled that sweet smile of his as he ruffled his brother's hair leaving his hand resting on his head, his fingers casually, and quite sensuously I hasten to add, twirling a lock of his twin's hair.

"You obviously know my name, What's yours?" He asked, his eyes not leaving mine.

"Cameron. Cameron Daniels." I held my hand out for him to shake. He slapped it casually away and offered me his to slap back.

"Good to meet you, Cameron Daniels. We've been wondering all weekend just who you were. Didn't have you down as a Cameron though. Meet us by your locker at the start of lunch break, Okay?"