10. A confrontation

The game quickly began, even if Kuboyasu didn't quite realise that it had. Everything was a blur. He couldn't think straight. Something was just wrong. Just how Aren was feeling about everything. Sure he'd been doing this whole thing with Kaidou for a while now and no problems had occurred, not really any. Maybe he really just was at his breaking point.

Every thought was just Shun. Kissing him last night, properly kissing him. And the kiss on the kitchen counter this morning. But the more he thought about it, he realised that it did annoy him just a little.

Aren didn't want to worry that someone might see them, and have to hide it. And he didn't want to constantly have to hide his feelings to everybody. He already knew how difficult it was to hide himself, and that in all honesty, he was quite shit at it.

It didn't help that Kuboyasu kept catching glimpses of Kaidou on the sidelines cheering along with some of the girls. And all while wearing his own sweater too. Surely he wasn't crazy for thinking this may be getting a little too serious?

Maybe he was delusional and a downright dumbass, but it really felt like in this moment, Shun was his boyfriend. And after the game he would say how well he played then give him a quick kiss on Kuboyasu's sweat covered cheek. And they'd go out somewhere, laugh together, catch each other looking at the other in an awkwardly sweet way. Kuboyasu could tell Shun all the things he loved about him, and then he would no doubt have a list of his own to share.

But none of this was real. Absolutely none. Everything that had happened leading up to this, had either been apart of Kaidou's kissing practice. Or by absolute accident. Shit, how had it turned from giving a first kiss, to kissing and relationship practice?

The real question that annoyed him, was why had Kaidou continued? Was he seriously that nervous about being in a relationship and getting things wrong? So much so that he had to drag this out and learn everything? As ridiculous as that seemed, it was Kaidou and it very well could have been true.

But even thinking that it was like they were dating wasn't fair on Shun. Pushing his ideals onto him even when everything had been laid out. It certainly wasn't what the ideal hot boyfriend would do. Leaving only one option, to distance himself from this shit show. No more letting himself do whatever he wanted. This was it.

The game ended just as quickly as it began. All of that practice just for Kuboyasu to not remember a single part of it. Thank goodness for muscle memory otherwise Hairo literally would not have talked to him again if he bombed it.

Kuboyasu caught Kaidou running up to him, pushing his way through people much bigger than him. "Aren! Argh that was so good!" Kaidou waved his hands around him as he approached. Others were there, quickly flashing him a nod and smile. Not as big as Shun's though, and certainly not as excited. Kuboyasu quickly nodded to them before focusing on Shun.

"When you hit the ball, it was at the exact right angle and timing! It went so far, it was really impressive." His eyes widened for a moment before chuckling darkly and covering his face. "It was with almost as much strength as when I release my seals." He was cute.
"Maybe you should have played instead." Aren looked down at him through the corner of his eye.
Kaidou's arms quickly fell to their sides, "Uh, well you see... I can't release my powers in front of everyone. I-it's just too powerful!" Kuboyasu's head shook with a laugh. Somehow, he'd managed to find Kaidou's dorkiness cute. One of the many things he would have to control his heartbeat about.

Kuboyasu walked side by side with Kaidou. Noticing small things, like how their hands always seemed so close together yet never brushed. And how he only adjusted the one tuft of hair that fell right down his nose. Kuboyasu noticed things about himself too. How he adjusted his glasses more often, making sure the strands fell out the right way. And how he slightly hunched over when he walked, and was always a step in front of Kaidou. All of these little things that made the two of them together.