12. Talking to the moooon

Kaidou hadn't showed up at school the next day. Kuboyasu almost hadn't, but he still had all that school work to catch up on and he didn't really want to ask Kaidou to help him. Usually he didn't actually follow through with doing the school work he said he was going to do, but today was different. There were no distractions.

There wasn't a sheet of paper next to him with notes sitting there, waiting to have a character of some kind sitting next to them. And there wasn't any kicking at the side of his chair whenever he lost focus during class. He didn't even here the Dark Reunion's weekly plans to take over the world.

There were no distractions. So Kuboyasu did his work.

Until a note landed on his desk, all crumpled up with ink staining through it. Who the hell was passing him notes in a class like this? He opened it. Of course, it was from Nendou. Written in an orange marker that bled through the page and faintly smelled of citrus. It said,
U —> >:(
Is it becus litle guy isnt here???? U 2 Brake uP??
Sent by Nendou !

Kuboyasu had to really stare at it for a moment to even make out the letters that were smeared across the page. He then wrote back.
shut the fuck up nendou

Which then he received one back, this time written in pen ink.
Just ignore him. Stay back after class.
With a little arrow underneath saying it was from Saiki in the same big orange writing.

What the hell kinda threat was this? Why the fuck was Saiki telling him to stay back after class? Kuboyasu was more pissed about that than anything Nendou had written.

He did as he was told and stayed back once the class had ended. He watched as Saiki walked to him and then just stood there. Despite the fact Kuboyasu was taller than him and the known delinquent, Saiki actually looked quite menacing. "You and Kaidou had some kind of fight." He stated.
"How the hell do you know that?" Kuboyasu spat. Saiki didn't flinch or react in the slightest like most people would, he just continued to stare at him with a boredom in his eyes.

He then pointed to the side of Kuboyasu's table, directly on the floor. There sat a pile of snapped pencils, and angry lines stabbed into the desk. Hm. Maybe it was slightly obvious he was upset. "But how do you know that's related to Shun?"
Saiki basically shrugged with his lips. "I don't. But he's not here so I figured it may have something to do with it." Damn. Kuboyasu looked away sheepishly. It still didn't explain what Saiki was here for.

"If he explains something to you, just listen."
Kuboyasu sighed angrily, "You don't even know what the fuck's going on. I don't think it's going to change much." He watched as Saiki actually rolled his eyes at him.
"Kaidou's an idiot. I don't want to hear him whine for months." Saiki said. Aren realised then that neither did he.

Hell, he hadn't even thought about what would happen to their relationship from here. If Kuboyasu didn't at least hear what he was going to say, they would lose each other. Because of this reckless anger he'd caused. Even if he was pissed and spiteful about Shun, he didn't want to pull away from him. Not one bit.

"Shit Saiki." He rubbed his face, adjusting his glasses as they moved. "Shit, sorry for yelling. Yeah, you know I'll do my best." He hadn't even finished before Saiki had left the room.

~

The words played over and over in his head all up until the moment he got home. It was difficult to think about how his very real and raw emotions may affect the future if he acted on them now. Aren didn't want to lose Shun. And it didn't matter if they never saw each other in a romantic light. He needed him.

Not just because he hadn't understood a single piece of the schoolwork that day. But he'd genuinely been downright miserable. Aren was angry at Shun, angry at himself. They couldn't just go on ignoring each other forever. Even if they tried, they'd probably be pulled back together anyways.