chapter 3-unspoken words

the coffee shop??
but I mean you could've taken me to all places but the coffee .

I say questioning him at an angle,"are you kidding me Nora this is the best coffee shop you'll ever find in this city."

Nora:ha-ha! is he joking or what,we came all the way from campus to drink coffee wow and I thought he has class "

Alex:oh how I can't wait to show her the place ,this is clearly my chance to show her how much I like her"

Nora:"jeez ...he probably thinks I
like him but who am I kidding he's handsome,gentle,kind and fun..n..y....

Urgh!"get it together Nora you're not gonna fall in love with him now are you? But I'm already starting too."

"come on in"he says as he held the door handle opening the door for me "thanks" I say feeling like Cinderella.we find a seat close to the window with a stunning view from outside.

the waiter comes and takes our order giving us a menue.

the menue was so long with half of the meals I couldn't pronounce.

"Hi,what can I get you"?
Alex:"I would like to order 2 caramel pretzel milkshakes with 2 of your best Choc chip muffins please",

my jaw dropped leaving me eyes wide in disbelief as if jolt of electricity had coursed through my veins.

"Woah!,I can't remember the last time I ate  at a cafe"."well you won't regret it he says as he smiles making me blush .

"Are we gonna eat all that... Alex looks at me and laughs as the waiter puts our food down the table

Well yeah that's why I ordered it right,"There you go" enjoy!
Nora:"ooh it looks amazing",

Alex:"try this ", he says holding the fork in his hand.
Nora: "it's fine I'll eat mine"

Alex:"come on one  bite wouldn't hurt Nora:"okay I guess I'll try it"

As he got the fork closer to my mouth I couldn't help but blush as he fed me the muffin,

the gesture was  so sweet and intimate as I felt a connection growing between us ."thank you " I murmured softly,meeting his gaze with a shy smile

,Alex returned his smile with his eyes reflecting with a mixture of kindness and something deeper that I couldn't quite decipher

After finishing lunch we decided to sit a little longer at the cafe since I was so intrigued by the stunning scenery outside .

as I'm looking at the window I slightly turn and notice Alex looking at me then I quickly turned my eyes away.i turn again and we immediately locked eyes for a minute .

our eyes kept looking sparking a silent understanding and unspoken attraction

our eyes kept looking sparking a silent understanding and unspoken attraction.As I tried to stand up ,I stumbled clumsy and fell right into Alex's arms,

our lips touched for a brief moment,the sensation was electrifying as I couldn't look away from his gaze .

"I'm sorry",I say losing words(I....wh....) Ahem!
"I've never felt this comfortable with anyone so quickly ",Alex says as his voice tinged with vulnerability and sincerity.

I nodded in agreement feeling my heart flutter at his words "me too",it's like we've known each other for much longer than just today.

"Are you free tomorrow?"
"Oh Uhm  tomorrow I have an appointment "
Alex: appointment?

Nora:yes an appointment
Alex:"Saturday?"
Nora: Uhm ...sat..ur..day
Alex's questions interrupted the moment catching me off guard,

I hesitated making up excuses about having plans with a friend on Saturday to avoid the intensity of what just happened.

But as I saw confusion flicker in Alex's eyes ,I regretted my words knowing that I had unintentionally hurt him.

How could I tell that each time i spent with him felt like I was getting back to my old self again

How could I tell him that looking at his eyes sparked something in me I that I couldn't seem to explain .

I just couldn't...