chapter 16-my safe place

As I walked back to face Edgar, the weight of his deepest, darkest secrets weighed heavy on my heart,

I could feel the tension in the air as we sat down for dinner.

His eyes searched mine, a mix of concern and confusion shining through as he noticed the turmoil within me.

Despite the facade of normalcy we tried to maintain, an unspoken tension hung between us, the truth simmering beneath the surface like a ticking time bomb.

With every bite of the meal, every fleeting glance we exchanged, I knew that the moment of reckoning was fast approaching.

As we finished dinner, the weight of the silence between us grew unbearable, the truth I held like a heavy burden in my chest.

With a heavy heart, I excused myself from the table, my hands trembling as I made my way to my room.

Alone in the quiet solitude of my bedroom, the walls seemed to close in around me, suffocating me with the weight of the truth I held.

Edgar's secrets, his betrayal, loomed over me like a dark cloud, casting a shadow over the love we had once shared.

Exhausted from the emotional turmoil of the day, I collapsed onto my bed, the tears I had been holding back finally spilling over.

The pain of Edgar's deception cut deep, the betrayal piercing my heart like a knife.

But as I lay there, the storm of emotions threatening to overwhelm me, a steely resolve began to build within me.

I knew that I couldn't ignore the truth, no matter how painful it might be.

I had to confront Edgar, to hold him accountable for his actions and to ensure that justice was served.

And as the night stretched on, the weight of Edgar's secrets was heavy on my heart,

But I knew that the love I had believed in had turned to ash, leaving nothing but a bitter taste of betrayal in its wake.

But even in the midst of my heartbreak and despair, a glimmer of strength shone through, a determination to face the truth and to stand up for what was right.

With that resolve burning bright in my heart, I knew that I would do whatever it took to bring Edgar's dark secrets to light and to ensure that justice was served.

And as I drifted off into a fitful sleep, the weight of the truth bearing down on me, I knew that the road ahead would be fraught with challenges and obstacles.

But with the fire of determination burning within me, I was ready to face whatever lay ahead, no matter how daunting it might be.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

As the first light of dawn filtered through the curtains, I awoke feeling weak and drained from the emotional turmoil of the previous day.

The weight of Edgar's betrayal still hunged heavy on my heart, the truth of his darkest secrets and his untold past felt like a constant ache that refused to fade away.

With a weary sigh, I dragged myself out of bed and began the familiar routine of getting dressed, the routine task feeling like an unbearable task in the wake of the truth I had uncovered.

As I made my way downstairs, my steps slow and steady, I noticed a note that Edgar had left on the counter.

It read:" sorry I couldn't join you for breakfast but I made you your favourite, hope you like it, I'll see you later ,xoxo Edgar".

The words on the paper felt like a stark reminder of the growing distance between us, the love of deceit that now separated our once seemingly perfect relationship.

I looked down at the feast Edgar had prepared for me but I just didn't feel like stuffing food in my mouth.

I felt a mixture of anger and resignation as I pocketed the note in my jacket and made my way outside,

the cool morning air felt like a stark contrast to the storm of emotions raging within me.

The weight of the truth I carried threatened to crush me down, but I knew that I couldn't ignore it any longer.

As I walked through the familiar streets, the weight of Edgar's deception heavy on my heart, I felt a sense of determination growing within me.

I had to confront him, to hold him accountable for his actions and to ensure that justice was served.

Everytime I would think about it I felt like I was pulled 10 steps back from where I was.

The road ahead seemed daunting and uncertain, the shadows of the truth casting a dark pall over my once bright future.

But with the fire of determination burning bright within me, I knew that I was ready to face whatever challenges lay ahead.

And as the morning light bathed the world in a soft golden glow, I steeled myself for the confrontation that was fast approaching,

ready to stand up for what was right and to bring Edgar's dark secrets to light, no matter the cost.

But the question was,"could I do it,could I really being Edgar down for his crimes ,the man who seemed innocent and pure .

The man who showed me love and sincerity.