chapter 9-strangers again

I excuse myself from Edgar's room, the weight of his words and my conflicting emotions still heavy on my mind.

I make my way to the bathroom, the marble tiles cool against my bare feet as I step inside the luxurious space.

The steam from the hot water fills the room, enveloping me in a comforting embrace as I turn on the shower and step beneath the hot water.

The warm spray relaxes my tense muscles, washing away the flashes of the night before.

I close my eyes and lean my head against the tiled wall, allowing the water to soothe me as I try to make sense of the thoughts and emotions that played within me.

The sound of the water is a distant roar in my ears, drowning out the chaos of my thoughts.

After what feels like an eternity, I step out of the shower and wrap myself in a plush towel, the soft fabric comforting against my damp skin.

I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror, my reflection a blur of steam and condensation.

It feels like I am looking at a stranger, a girl I didn't know anymore,someone caught between two worlds, unsure of where she truly belongs.

Determined to clear my mind, I make my way out of the bathroom and into the hallway, the scent of breakfast wafting through the air.

I follow the delicious aroma down the grand staircase, my footsteps echoing in the cavernous space.

The mansion is a maze of ornate hallways and lavish rooms, each one filled with opulent furnishings and priceless treasures.

As I reach the dining room, I find Edgar already seated at the head of the table, a spread of food laid out before him.

He looks up as I enter the room, his dark eyes meeting mine with a hint of surprise.

"Come and join me,"he says, his voice warm and inviting. "I hope you slept well."

I nod, taking a seat across from him and helping myself to the food on the table.

The spread is sumptuous and decadent, a feast fit for royalty.

"Wow Edgar this looks amazing "

I eat in silence, the taste of the rich food filling my senses as I try to push away the memories of the night before.

After breakfast, Edgar offers to give me a tour of the mansion, a gesture that surprises me.

I follow him through the grand halls and opulent rooms, each one more extravagant than the last.

The mansion is a labyrinth of secrets and hidden passages, a monument to wealth and power.

As we walk, Edgar tells me the history of the mansion, of its origins and the family that once called it home.

He speaks with a passion and reverence that surprises me, his eyes alight with a fire that I have never seen before.

I listen intently, captivated by his words and the way he speaks of the mansion as if it were a living, breathing entity.

I see the love and pride in his eyes, the sense of belonging that he finds within these walls.