chapter 4-what a day

Nora's Pov:

I woke up to my phone buzzing incessantly ( urgh!) it was already 6am I groaned and opened the curtains,as I rubbed my eyes and squitened at the bright screen on my table

A text from my friend hazel popped up asking if I wanted to grab lunch later "urgh today of all days,I really didn't feel like socialising today but knowing hazel she wouldn't take no for an answer ."

after some convincing and promising myself that I would only stay for a few minutes,I agreed to meet her.

I get dressed in my 3 quarter denim jeans ,a pink t shirt with my Nike takkies.

I head downstairs grabbing an orange juice from the fridge and a banana as I head out the door .

I head to the diner across the street hoping to meet her there but only to get a call from her telling me to meet at our usual spot.

A few hours later ,we found ourselves at our usual spot , chatting away about our lives

Hazel:it's been so long I almost didn't recognise you,she says touching my cheeks with excitement.

(sighs)If only you could come visit me in Florida,maybe then we'll have time to catch up.

Nora :well...
but just as I was getting into a story about my crazy week,

Hazel's eyes widened as she grasped dramatically "woah who is he ",I followed her gaze and saw Alex ,the guy I had a massive crush on walking towards us.

my heart started Racing as I suddenly felt self conscious thinking of the kiss we shared at the cafe, without thinking I blurted out

Nora:"Oh my gosh how stupid of me,I completely forgot about picking up my medication,I have to go right now ".

Hazel looked at me puzzled "Nora you don't take any medication"

,"yea I do actually,because last week I wasn't feeling well so I went to the doctor and got checked up"

I shrugged,trying to play it cool ,I took a glimpse of Alex who was already starring at me."I'm just forgetful sometimes,I guess trying to end the awkward conversation.

"Gotta go bye!"
Leaving hazel and Alex behind
"Wait Nora you...urgh what's with her today we just met each other and she's already leaving,wow she even forgot her bag".

Alex:"She left her bag? "
Hazel:"Yea I guess It was really something urgent "
Alex:"I could run and give it to her if you don't mind"
Hazel:"Oh Uhm you think she won't mind,I mean yea you should go "

And within a second alex sprinted to catch up on Nora.(Wait don't forget to tell her to call me!)
urgh I don't think he even heard me.

as I walked down the street ,I couldn't help but cringe at my lame excuse.why did I lie about medicine of all things?it made no sense but I didn't take much thought to it.

I debated whether to just head home and avoid the awkward moment , or go back to meet hazel and apologize for leaving her behind.but something in me wanted to see Alex again.

I headed back to the cafe as I realised my bag is not with me ,I looked for hazel only to find her gone .

"Did I really upset her to the extent of her leaving without me ,but I don't blame her though".

I turned around to see Alex running towards me with my bag in his hand.

"I...Uhm.. "he says trying to catch his breath."I came to give you your bag","oh Uhm thanks how did you know ?""well you were in a hurry so you must've gotten it".

"You're really something aren't you",i say trying not to show my smile,Alex looked back as I walked to my dorm .