Chapter 3

"Who is it?" she asked

"Do you remember me? I'm Payal? The one from Excel? The internship?"

"Payal Agarwal?"

"Yes."

Her voice sounded very calm. There was a sound from her end. "I'll sign tomorrow."

"Yes, Payal, go ahead."

"Where are you? Do you remember that day when you said to me?"

There was not a sound from Geet.

Four years ago...

Thank God, the internship is over. Today is the last day, and after this final dinner, I can go back home and write stories. We're all having dinner, and everyone seems very sad, including Geet. She's quietly eating, not dropping anything. There's a glass of water right next to her hand, but she's not even touching it. I'm getting scared, but she keeps eating. She even caught a cold; I can hear it in her voice.

"Geet, take some soup; you caught a cold."

"In a while, the meal was finished, and I started washing my hands. After a short while, Geet came running, her breaths heavy. She tried to say something but couldn't manage to speak.

I looked at her, and she gestured towards me. At that moment, the sound of running water could be heard.

"I like you."

I was speechless. I turned off the water at that moment. What should I say? She's the first girl who has said this to me. I have no idea what to say. She's standing in front of me, looking so scared.

"I don't know what to say, Geet. You're the first girl to say this to me."

Geet smiled and said, "At least say thank you."

"Huh? Ahhh Thank you. Geet" 

I felt very nervous that day. What Geet said left me in shock.

back to present.

"Yes! Payal, I confessed something to you."

"Yeah, so do you still like me?"

"What's up? Is everything okay? Isn't it your wedding today?"

"You know everything, I'm famous now, but will you still help me?"

"Tell me, Payal, what kind of help do you need?"

"Come to Jaipur, I know you might be busy right now, but I just need you to know that you're the one who can help me." 

In my voice, there was a lot of tension. I said something like, It feels like I'm on the verge of death. Just come or else I'll die.

"Alright, I'll come. Send me the address." 

2.5 hours later, Geet arrived at the location where my wedding was taking place. I saw her from the window, wearing long heels, a black sunglass on her eyes, and she was dressed formally. She looked like a queen of some mafia in that black formal dress.

Gosh, I didn't know she'd become so hot. Never mind, Payal, you just have to tell her, what's going on? I hope she helps me, because she's the only lesbian I know in this world. I don't know if she's lesbian, pan, or Bi now. Maybe she's straight now. Goshhhh! I think too much.

She called me, and I said, "Come to room number 76. Meet me first."

Geet is coming to meet me, but who knew Chipsy would also meet.

"Are you her girlfriend?" he asked.

"huh?" Geet took off her glasses.

"You're looking for Payal, right?"

"Yes," Geet replied.

Geet knocked on the door.

"Payal? I'm Geet."

I quickly opened and I grabbed Geet's hand and pushed her into the room. Geet, in shock, managed to compose herself and stood in the room. Then I closed the door.

"Geet, thank you for coming..." 

The door was knocked again, and when I opened it, I saw that Dad and Mom had come back with Chipsy.

"Hi, I'm Jay," Chipsy said, extending his hand in front of Geet. 

"So, you're the one?" Dad said in his heavy voice. Geet looked at me with a questioning expression, My face froze, I didn't understand. If Geet told the truth, what would happen to me? My mind started playing a video of me getting married to Ranjeet right in front of us.

Mom smiled and put her hand on her cheek, saying, "What's your name?"

Geet hesitantly replied, "Geet."

Mom looked at her with affectionate eyes, as if she would make the bride right now. "It's a very lovely, Payal-Geet."

Geet asked, "Payal, will you tell me what's going on? Your wedding..."

Dad interrupted, "Show us proof. Understand, girl, you're worthy of my daughter? The wedding will be in a month, and until then, everyone will be informed that the auspicious time has changed."

Geet looked at me again, "Why do I have to prove anything? Payal?"

I took Geet's hand and said, "Geet, please forgive me. I told everyone the truth."

"What did you tell them?" Geet asked in surprise.

Dad said, "I'm not homophobic. Geet, you relax. Come with me, Payal's mom. Jay, son, let's go, we need to give them some time."

Geet glared at me in anger.

Chipsy whispered in my ear, "She's hot, Dee. What a choice."

"Get lost, you bloody bastard," I thought to myself, unable to spill in front of Dad. I closed the door.

 I closed the door