Chapter 7

I asked, "Close your eyes, otherwise I'll feel embarrassed."

"listen listen! Payal, did you take the driver's words seriously? We're not a couple. Are you kidding me? Fuck! payal say something."

"No, no, no. what are you rubbish thinking? I think the puri went into my chest, it's itching. Close your eyes, I need to take it out."

Geet burst into laughter. She closed her eyes, and I took out the puri, bothering me a lot. Finally, I felt relieved.

"Open your eyes, Geet."

"Everything okay now?" Geet asked.

Umeed asked, "Ma'am, should I come in the car? Is everything okay?"

I said, "Yes, Umeed."

Umeed looked at Geet and said with a smile on her face, "See, my trick worked, didn't it? Geet's face is glowing."

"See, my trick worked, didn't it? Geet's face is glowing."

The smile vanished from Geet's face, and I burst into laughter, unable to stop myself. My laughter didn't stop. 

When I arrived home, Ranjeet was standing outside my door. "Today, sleep with me, it's not always right to give time to just one person," he said.

I didn't say anything. Geet said, "Her choice, she can stay with whoever she wants. don't force."

"Do you think she has a choice? she should walk at my feet." 

"You're not understanding; she doesn't want this."

I noticed that Geet's anger is increasing, Ranjeet never listens. He's very stubborn, as much as I've come to know Geet, she's equally stubborn. I feel like these two will end up fighting, and if Dad sees, he'll blame Geet.

I said, "Ranjeet.... Today, I will stay in the room with you."

Geet left in anger. I went to my room and sat down. Ranjeet sat inside the room, quietly sitting on the bed, his mustache twitching. Both of his hands have turned cold in mine. This is the first time I'm alone in the room with him. What has he come here to do?

"You don't know me; we never sat down to talk. Let me tell you what I like."

My heart heaved a sigh of relief. Why does Ranjeet think I would want to know about that? He was sitting on the bed like a king. He took out a cigarette and said,

"I feel know, you like cigarette. I got this for you."

"Isn't this against your rules? "

"I couldn't find it; I portray myself as a strong man in front of others, but doing so sometimes exhausts me."

Ranjeet isn't that bad; he can also think like this.

-Other side

Payal's mom took Geet to her room.

Payal's mom spread a blanket and said, "Geet, come here, some of my friends are also coming, let's discuss about you and Payal."

Geet looked surprised at how amazing Payal's mom was. There was a knock on the door, and then her mom said, "Who's there?"

A voice came from outside, "La lala lori."

Payal's mom opened the door.

She made Geet sit on the bed, and then mom and her friends sat around.

"Tell us, when and how did you meet? What all happened?"

Geet smiled and said, "Aunty, do you always meet like this?"

"Not every time, Geet, but we usually meet like this during weddings or some festival. We play cards here, and long rounds of Ludo continue.

Placing her hand on Geet's head, she said, "You're such a sweet girl, how did you end up liking someone as idiot like a Payal?"

"Payal is good; we met during our college internship, and We fell in love at first sight."

Mom took out a bottle of coke from under the bed and handed it to everyone, saying, "No! Payal can't easily fall in love; it's impossible for her to love someone so easily."

She handed the bottle to Geet, saying, "Aunty, Payal had gone crazy for me."

One of Mom's friends said, "I've heard about Payal; she only loves her own stories. She's never had any friends before. It seems impossible for her to love you, Geet. It's good that you got Payal, otherwise our men are quite useless."

Everyone started laughing at her words; Geet felt awkward at first. She started laughing along with them. Geet gathered the courage to lean her head on Payal's mom's shoulder, and Payal's mom put her to sleep. She was stroking her head and talking while the Ludo game was going on nearby. Geet fell asleep while drinking from the bottle; her eyes began to close.

Ranjeet and I talked all night. My eyes became heavy, I was feeling sleepy but couldn't sleep. Ranjeet shared stories of his bravery, and I fell asleep around 5 in the morning; I couldn't control it.

Ranjeet saw that I had fallen asleep, so he slept next to me.