Chapter 4

Geet stood with her arms folded.

"Why did you call me?" 

"Geet, I'm so sorry."

"Sorry? Tell me the truth, what did you do?"

"I don't want to marry Ranjeet, my husband-to-be. I don't like him, so the situation became like this, and I said I'm a lesbian and to avoid the wedding, I said I have a girlfriend and you are les..."

Geet said angrily, "You told me I'm your... Are you crazy? You're straight, and you didn't even ask me once?"

"I thought you wouldn't come," I kept my eyes down and continued speaking.

"I already have a girlfriend. If she finds out about this, do you know what a big scene it will be?"

"Oh god, you're still a lesbian, thank you!" I got really excited.

"Payal, This isn't a subscription that will expire in a few days. I'm queer and will always be." Geet shouted in frustration.

I looked her eyes.

"Where are your glasses?"

"They're in my bag." 

"You've started wearing contact lenses, wow, quite a change."

"Don't change the subject; I'm not going to help."

"Please, don't do this. Just prove in a month that you're better than that mustached guy and break this marriage."

"You expect me to help you, but we barely know each other.  why should I help you?"

Geet exited the room in anger. Chipsy was waiting outside. Payal's mom saw Geet and said, "Dear, Geet, you did not bring any clothes. Here, takes this saree for you."

Just then, Ranjeet arrived, and I was watching from the door, standing helpless.

"Are you that girl? Do you think you can win against me, stupid girl! Don't forget, you're a woman, You'll always be seen as lesser than us men. Payal's dad has said so, otherwise I wouldn't even bother fighting with girls."

Geet put on her sunglasses and said, "Why? Arrre yyyou scared?"

"Scared? Don't you know who I am? You have no status. What fight will you face with me? Do you know anything other than washing dishes? If you lose, you'll have to beg for forgiveness."

"Have you heard of Geet Malhotra?"

"Yes, her SIM card is in my phone, the most expensive SIM in India."

"This is my company, my status, see Ranjeet..." 

Geet left, He glared angrily at Geet. I went back inside the room. The girl is fire, but she's not helping. Why would she, anyway? She's capable of setting anything on fire. Ranjeet deserves a slap. Why do these boys make me so mad, like my inner volcano's about to burst?