Chapter 9

She finally woke up, looked towards the water bottle, and started drinking. I am trying to m move hand, my hand was still asleep. I couldn't even move; I gently move my hand. Geet didn't even say thank you. She got up from the bed and asked,

"What are you doing here?"

"I'm having fun," I said in a teasing tone.

"Why are you smiling? "Your face always looks like it's stuck at 12 o'clock!"

"Well, it's your face that's usually gloomy. I'm always happy."

"You always criticize that mustache boy. "

"Well, He deserve."

I realized that my hand was fine, so I stood up and started exercising my back. When I went outside, I saw that there was no one at home. I asked someone, and they told me they had gone to the Kali temple. Maybe that's why Ranjeet came to call me. My phone was also outside. It had been four hours since they left, and they would surely scold me.

I went back to the room, got ready, and prepared to go to the temple. I messaged Geet to get ready too. Geet called me back.

"Your parents have arrived."

"So? Why are you so scared? What happened to your voice?"

"My girlfriend is with them. I don't know how she got here."

"What? Your girlfriend will tell everyone the truth."

"What should I do now?"

"Come to my room."

"Supriya saw me."

Dad called me over.

"Look who I've brought, this girl who looks like you, she's just not fluent in Hindi. She is south Indian."

I greeted her with a hello from the stairs.

Supriya said, "Geet, you're here."

Dad said, "Do you know Geet?"

"Yes, very well, but you said that..."

Geet hugged Supriya and said, "Supriya, how come you're here?"

"I'm here for my office picnic," Supriya said angrily.

Payal's mother said, "Supriya, have dinner and then leave. This is a wedding house, there will be a wedding here soon."

Supriya asked forcefully, "Are you attending a wedding?"

"Yes, let's keep talking, in the room."

Chipsy asked, "Are you two friends?"

Dad said, "Come on, let Supriya rest. She's our guest in Jaipur. She looks like my daughter Payal. I couldn't even imagine that it's true that there are seven similar people in the world. Go on, Supriya, take a rest."

Ranjeet joked, "Well, if I can't find Payal, I'll marry Supriya."

No one laughed at his joke. Supriya was brought to my room. I stood to the side in the room. As soon as Supriya entered the room, she hugged Geet. 

"You must have come here for some work. I won't ask questions. It's good you're here; I've missed you a lot," Supriya said, not giving Geet a chance to speak.

Geet managed to say that, "Supriya, you've been talking about visiting the Kali Temple for a while. You finally made it."

"It feels good now. Jaipur is very beautiful. It feels like a royal city," Supriya replied.

I said, "We can explore together. You stay here; Geet seems to be feeling a bit alone here anyway."

"Aww Geet, you missed me? Why didn't you call?" Supriya asked.

Supriya hugged Geet again, trying to kiss her, but Geet refused. I closed my eyes in fear and started to leave the room. Then Geet said, "Payal, wait!"

"Payal? Who is she?" Supriya asked.

"It's her wedding. We did an internship together."

"You came for your friend's wedding? Oh, I met Ranjeet earlier; he's a really nice guy."

I chuckled. "Nice? In what way? From which angle? Supriya. (I took deep breathe) should we take a selfie? Our faces look the same."

Supriya chuckled. "No, we're not the same. Just our noses and lips are similar. Your hair is black, mine is curly. We can't be the same."

Hearing her words, it seemed like she felt bad that we looked alike.

Geet took me outside and said angrily, "Are you crazy? Why are you creating problems for me by stopping her? Do you know what's going on here?"

I calmly replied, but I was angry because of Geet.

"You're so upset. Supriya is your lover, your soulmate. It'll be good if you stay with her. We can ask to do help."

Geet said angrily, "She's not my soulmate. She's cheating on me. Our long-distance relationship isn't working. Happy? I hate saying that I don't want to stay with her from now. Tell her to leave from here. I can't talk right now."

I looked at Geet, who seemed very embarrassed that her life was a mess, and nothing was going right. She didn't want to tell Supriya the truth.

I said, "If she's betraying you, then go and break up with her. Why are you keeping such a toxic relationship?"

"Because I know how it feels when someone leaves you. She's just lost; she'll need me one day."

"You're staying with her? Are you crazy? I'm telling you, you'll find someone better. She's not worth you," I said, raising my voice.

Geet took a deep breath and said, "Payal, I'm not a piece of cake. She looks very nice. I won't find another girl like her, and you know how difficult it is to find a lesbian partner in India, especially with the laws. She is perfect to me."

I stayed silent for a while and then said, "Forget the law. If You love her, get married, do whatever you want. It's not wrong. Stay with the person you like. But you're breaking up with this girl, I'm telling you."

"On what authority are you saying this? Who are you to me? What's our relationship? Don't forget, Payal, you won't be in my life after a month."

I felt really bad when someone forgets, I've taken care of Geet like a good friend, she's forgotten all that, she's asking me who I am, damn Geet, I left with anger in my eyes. I knocked over the nearby chair. Geet fixed the chair and sat down, placing her hand on her head.