two

Three years have passed since the day my new parents have found me. May be it's their reward for their pure love towards me Or may be it's the grace of my godly father who is thanking them for giving his abandoned son a place in their hearts, their efforts for children succeeded and my new brother was born a few days ago. He was named sangramjeet, I don't know if it's my presence changing things or if I am misremembering the things, but I could have sworn that Karna had a brother named shon and a friend named vrishali. Anyway, I am very happy with my parents and the love and concern they have towards me especially my mother is in no way less than the love I received in my old life from my birth parents.

From the moment, I gained my memories at about six months of age, I have been trying to show myself as an intelligent child. Though the language is hard and I barely remember studying Sanskrit in my college days for marks, the child's brain is an amazing thing, even if I was not able to speak for an year other than making small noises and speaking little words, by my first birthday I was able to understand the language and after another year, I was able to speak in full sentences. This demigod's constitution is also amazing, as I am already stronger than a child twice my age and also taller than those of my age. I was able to walk by my first year and running through the streets has become a common occurrence now a days.

I recently started asking my father to teach me to read and write. As I am sure my boon will amplify any benefit by 1000 times, I am sure that I will learn it no time. Also, I did nothing but play around and think about my future all this time. I had a great epiphany today when my mother blessed me that I may celebrate many more birthdays and the God's blessings will always be with me.

It was like a spark when I realized that I was living in a time where Gods walk amongst people and we can get boons with our penance. With my boon already amplifying the power of my penance, the God's will certainly grant me many things. After all Arjuna gained even Pasupathastra from Lord Shiva in the original epic, not to mention people like Jayadrath and Shalva who got some special boons. If those people can gain boons with their penance, surely I will gain many boons with my penance amplified like vishwamitra who got many missiles and archery skills from Lord Shiva and became a Brahmarishi through penance to Lord Brahma. He was even able to create another world with his yogic power.

With this in mind, I decided to start meditating on and worshipping Lord Shiva and Maatha Paarvathi whenever I have time. Which means all the time other than when I am learning something.

My parents were astonished when I started learning all things at an impossible rate. They believed me to be a genius and that my ability to learn is a God's gift. They are partially correct because it is indeed a God's blessing but I am no genius. It's just that when I read or do anything once it is as if I repeated it 1000 times. As the saying goes, practice makes perfect, I have thousand times more practice in learning correctly as any thing I learned wrong may harm me it is reduced by 1000 times, so usually I don't even remember learning the wrong things.

Seven years have passed and now at the age of ten, I have become proficient in not just reading and writing, but also in skills like swimming, horse riding, chariot making, chariot racing, carpentry, blacksmithing, sewing, cooking.. etc. All little things, but also I felt very important and learned from whomever is willing to teach. Only thing is when I tried to persuade, read follow and nag, a guard to teach me fight, my mother put a full stop to it. I couldn't even argue with her, when her eyes are filled with tears at the thought of her child getting hurt.

But there is a good news, I got another brother swarnajeet five years younger than me. My brothers are like little puppies always following me around, if anything their love and trust in their big brother makes this life worth it.

After getting my blessings from my parents on my tenth birthday and playing with my brothers, I went to the banks of Ganga, where I found a place to meditate when searching for a secluded place to build shivalinga to pray upon. But today I could tell that there is something different, I felt as if someone is watching me.

Putting aside the uncomfortable feeling of being watched by unknown, I started meditating on the names of Lord Shiva and Maatha Paarvathi. Then I heard the voice that felt like it was touching my soul. I will never forget the voice I heard in front of the cosmic light all those years ago. I knew it in my heart that it was the divine couple in front of me. I openened my eyes and beheld the highest divinity gracing my sight.

The Lord spoke, " Dear child, your penance has pleased us. Ask for a boon other than immortality and you shall receive it. "