Four

More than a year passed since I gained my new power and knowledge. I informed my parents immediately after getting home that day that Lord Mahashiv and Maatha Paarvathi had granted me knowledge, power, skills and various boons. My parents were very happy for me, after which my father felt that with my new found knowledge and power, I may get more opportunities in the capital of the Kuru empire. So, we as family shifted from champa city on the outskirts of Anga to Hastinapur. My father informed me that he used to be a head charioteer of a division under Mahaamahim Bheeshm before settling in the champa city. He said that he had developed a great rapport with the acting king Dhritarashtra when he was the head charioteer and he is sure he can get me a good opportunity for my future.

After settling in the Suta community of Hastinapur, my father introduced me and my brothers to locals, most of whom considered my father a friend. I am amazed that my father has such great respect that they remembered him even after more than ten years. After we settled down, my father took me to the palace to introduce me to the Royal Family and ask for a position in the army for me. Generally, People of lower castes are taken into the army at the age of sixteen, but after I requested my father that I would like to gain practical experience, he agreed to persuade the Royals on behalf of me.

Even though Mahaamahim hesitated to take me at my age, he said that he will consider if I can perform well in the coming chariot racing tournament. I, with the help of my father prepared for the tourney, while he opened the shop to make and repair chariots near our home. My brothers sangraam and swarn were more excited than me and were sure that I was going to win because their big brother is the best.

Soon, the day of tournament came and my preparations paid off as I have not only performed well, but true to the word of my little brothers I won the whole thing. But, in the commotion of my win in the tourney, little swarn escaped our notice and went near area where brahmins were performing yagna. Unfortunately, some brahmins saw my brother there and were froth with rage that a lower caste child was hearing the mantraa. They caught him and were dragging him to the Royal Family who were on the judging platforms. Seeing all the ruckus and hearing a child cries, my father ran to see what happened and seeing my brother there my father learned what had transpired and began pleading the priests for mercy as he is just a child.

In just a few moments, we were all in front of the Royal Family and the brahmins accused my brother that he was listening to that none but a brahmin Or kshatriya should listen. Meanwhile my father was pleading for leniency, While the king was sympathetic to my father, rest of the court like Minister Vidhur and Rajguru Kripa were on the side of brahmins asked the priests what should be the punishment for the aforementioned crime.
The priests, seeing the majority court agreeing, said that it is not just a crime but a sin against the tradition and picked a particularly cruel punishment of pouring molten golden in one ear.

Then Mahaamahim Bheeshm ordered the soldiers to bring the molten gold. The faces of the priests were filled with satisfaction while my mother fainted on hearing the punishment. My father has tear tracks on his face and our entire community is looking at our family with sorrow. My brother Sangraam just stood beside my father confused, while I was shocked if this was really happening. According to my knowledge this happened to shon, I don't understand why this is happening to my brother swarnajeet.
I then understood, this didn't happen to shon, this happened to swarn but some where the names were altered. I decided then and there not to completely rely on future knowledge as it may have been altered.

While I was in my thoughts the guards brought the molten gold and were holding my brother, then out of nowhere a voice rumbled like a thunder, " Stop! "
Every body jumped at the sudden command. Guards released my brother who scrambled to my father, warriors drew their weapons and while the court descended into silence.
Everybody's attention is focused on the source of voice.