Epilogue

It had been many years, since the end of the war. Ashwatthama was cursed to roam around till the end of Kaliyug full of wounds and diseases. Lord Sri Krishna had taken his forehead mani as per Paanchali's request. After the War, The Pandavas learned the truth of my birth and came to my court. As the eldest, they wanted me to be the ruler of the empire. But, I rejected them saying that even though we were born of same mother, I was not a Pandava and I don't have any right to their throne. Even when they insisted, I declined saying that Magadha is enough for me and that Yudhishthir can be the King. They finally accepted saying that they were glad that the warrior who defeated them was their brother and they didn't have their own brothers blood added to their now bloodied hands. I just reaffirmed my offer of sanctuary as I told rajmata, saying that they will always have a place under my roof, which they utilised very well, staying months to spend time with me saying that Sangraam and Swarna had spent entire childhood with me and now it's their turn. I don't know how the warriors with grown up sons can still act like children.

A few years after the war, I passed the throne of Magadha to my son Aadhisena, now that even my great grandsons are at the age to be married. I felt it was about time, I retired. I went to the forests along with my wives to live with nature peacefully and started our penance in the name of the Supreme Couple, who had given me a chance to such a peaceful life.

Many years passed in our penance, when we were graced with the presence of the Divine Mother, The personification of the power, Maatha Paarvati and Lord of the Lords, the Great Souled One, Lord Parmeshwara themselves. They said that we have pleased them with our penance and asked us to choose our boons. I know, most people pray and desire for liberation, but not me, I have already discussed with my wives about my reincarnation and wanted to live and experience many lives with my wives. So, we have already decided on the boond we were going to ask the foremost of the Gods.

My youngest wife, Supriya, addressed the Celestial couple first, "O Maatha! O Swami! Please grant us the boon that we four are never seperated and are always together in every life. Give us your blessings I and my sisters are always with our husband in all our next lives and that there will be nothing that seperates us any way. "

Then my second wife, Bhanumati spoke, "O Devi! O Mahadeva! Let us be ever young and free of ailments. Please bless, I and my sisters, that we will never know the pain of widowhood or the loss of our loved ones. "

I continued after Bhanu, " O Foremost of all the Celestials! O Supreme among the deities! Let it be that my power, knowledge and skills never leave me in this life or the next ones. Let me be always connected to my wives with a spiritual bond that can never be broken. Let us share our powers and knowledge between each other and let my strength and skills be always available to my wives. Let my wives have everything of mine and let me be everything of my wives. "

My eldest wife, Padmavati, my Vrishali requested the highest of all the Gods, "O Father! O Mother! My sisters and my husband has requested everything we need. Please let their wishes be fulfilled and provide us with power to travel the Other worlds my husband spoke of, either on our wish or as a rebirth after our deaths. Let us be long lived to savour the experiences. "

The Lord of the Destruction, the great Destroyer, the Three eyed one, Lord Maheshwara and his wife, Goddess of energy, Personification of the power, universal symbol of motherhood, Maatha Paarvathi raised their palms and said, "As you wish! "