three

Summary:

Asking boons or reading grocery list

Chapter Text

I have been waiting for this moment for the past seven years since starting my penance. My inspiration for this penance is Hiranyakashyapa, an asura who got two boons so convoluted that Lord vishnu had to descend in the form of Lord Narasimha just to kill him. He has the powers all gods other than trimurti including Indra, Yama, Kubera, Surya, Agni, Vayu, Soma, and Varuna. Of he can ask for a boon that can grant him power of gods than I decided to get most of what I need.

I immediately bowed and paid my respects to the foremost couple of all gods. I said, " O Great Souled one, O Supreme of the deities, O Maha Shakti, Aadhi Devi, O Maatha Paarvathi, my greetings on to your feet. I am truly blessed to see you again Maatha, O God of the gods.

I have thought long about what to ask O Great Destroyer! And I have decided, O Rudra! O Devi! Please grant me power!
Power to control the shadripu (six enemies of the mind),
Power to endure anything,
Power to face anything,
Power to overcome anything,

O Lord Pashupathi,

Give me the power of Hiranyakashyapa, who needed Lord Narasimha to slay him

.
Give me the power of Mahishaasur, who shook three universes by just assuming his Buffalo form.

Give me the power of Tarakasura, who fought even the Trimurti.

Give the power of illusion of Indrajeet that even the gods can't detect. 

Give me the power of boons of kaartaveerya Arjuna, who could only slain by Narayana Avatar.

Everyone says knowledge is power.

O Lord Bholenaath,

Give me all the celestial weapons and their knowledge.
Give me the knowledge of Ravana who was called Ravanabrahma
Give me the war knowledge of Lord Parashurama, Father of Martial arts, who destroyed the kshatriya race all over the world 21 times.
Give me the archery skills of Lord Sri Ram, the foremost of archers equal to you.

Give me knowledge and skill in all 64 arts and 14 maha vidyas including any war and weapon skills.

And finally, Grant me immunity from all weaponry, toxins and curses and Give me the ability to drain half the power of my opponents, comprehend any language and learn any skill after seeing it once. "

I could see the humour in the eyes of the divine Mother as I started my list. Even the Great Mahakaal was listening my entire list patiently. I was even embarrassed as if I am reading a grocery list to my boss. But I reminded myself that the Godly couple in front of me are omniscient and omnipotent and they would have already known what I am going to ask and they would have never come if my penance isn't enough to get my wish.

The Lord as if reading my mind just smiled and said so be it and after blessing the Supreme couple left.
I felt as if my body is a balloon that is stretched to the utmost limit that I was terrified I would burst out. Thank God, it didn't happen and after a few moments which felt like years I was all right. Not just all right, but more than all right as if I can juggle the earth with a single hand and still have power to spare. If this is what the asurs felt, no wonder they went power mad. As I am coming to terms with power, an atom bomb, no, a hydrogen bomb, no, an entire nuclear station of knowledge burst in my mind. I felt the knowledge enter my mind and I was like trembling blade of grass infront of the planet destroying hurricane that is the knowledge entering my mind. I don't know how it is possible but I felt as if I know everything there is to know, but the reality asserted itself and I knew that what I know is a drop compared to the knowledge out there.

I may have gained much knowledge but I have no experience and I reminded my self that I have to do something about it. I then went to home with a spring in my step and a smile on my face.