Chapter 26

"I..I mean dont go, have it with me. I don't like eating alone. " She continued.

"Don't you used to have dinner alone before Bebe's arrival.? " He questioned, making her shake her head.

"No, earlier I   to have it with the maids. N9w can we eat as I am very hungry. Rats are fighting in my stomach. " She requested, making him sigh, and he nodded.

"Here," She said, passing him a bowl, then took one for herself, and then they settled themself on the dining table.

"Umm...wow! You really are a good cook. " Avni her mouth with pasta.

"Can't you eat quietly. Stop msking noise, you are not a child anymore. " He scolded her.

"Can't you simply say thank you. Here I am praising you, and you are scolding me. " She pouted angrily.

"Did I ask you to praise me?" He asked, making him sigh loudly.

"Can't you smile a little. It's getting suffocating for me , I like happy faces, and seeing your stern face makes me feel like I am on a dinner date with my professor who doesn't like me. " She said, having the last bite of her pasta.

"Well, that's good for you. Because it's not a dinner date and secondly I don't like you. " He replied with the same face.

Here comes the rude, Khanna.  But it's okay today. At least he is talking with me.

"I know. But at least you can behave till the time we are together right, it will not cost you anything. I promise I won't take anything from you. " She requested.

"I completed. " he said and was going to walk away but was again stopped by a soft hold, but this time  on his tee.  Turning toward it, he looked at her with a stern face, asking her now what?

"I want to talk to you. Actually I want to say something to you. " She started making him frown.

"Today, whatever you did today, you shouldn't have done that. " She said, making him chuckle sarcastically.

"You know what this , this was for what I was waiting. This is the problem of girls like you. You  guys try to become mahaan. Isn't it."

"Neil, I didn't mean that. What I want to say is they are my parents. Whatever happened was between us, and I dont any third person getting involved between us."

"TBH, whatever you did, I never expected. I never expected a person who hates me so much to support me like that in front of my own parents. And I am really grateful for that but I also can't forget that they are my parents.  Maybe for them now, our relationship is not important anymore, but for me, they still are the same , whom I used to love before marriage, for whom I married you. I can't see them getting disrespected. " She said.

"What type of love is this? Getting insulted.." He chuckled when he heard her.

"Neil, they are my parents, and they have every right to decide what's good or bad for me. I don't know why they are behaving like this, but I know there must be a reason. "

"Anyways, let's leave it. I want to say thank you to you. For standing beside me for  supporting me in front of my parents. I really don't have words to describe what I felt today. " She said, smiling.

"Don't be in a delusion that I did it for you. As I already said earlier that now you are not Avni Mehta but Avni Neil Khanna, my wife. The time your name got attached to me, it no longer can be suppressed or disrespected in any means. I didn't give anyone the power to disrespect it, not even you  yourself. Remember that, because..." He said and then started to take steps near her entering her personal space, making her feel intimated.

"Because Neil Khanna doesn't like to repeat himself. " He whispered near in her ears, making her shiver feel his hot breath in her ear and nape.

Saying this, he went. Meanwhile, Avni stood there  watching his retreating figure for don't know how much time. Coming out of her trance, she smiled.

"Banda itta bhi burn nahi hai. " (this guy is not that bad) She smiled. 

Next morning, after getting ready, Avni got down toward the dining  only to witness him sitting there with his so-called friend.

"Don't this girl have a home that she sticks with him. " Mumbling to herself, Avni settled herself in the seat which was in front of them when bebe, along with Nityam(Neils brother), came.

"Good morning, bebe." Greeting her, everyone settled back on their seat.

"Grand Daughter in law how's your health now ?" Bebe asked Avni, making her up her lashes at her.

"Bebe now  I am good. " She answered, making her nod.

"Putter, did you settle your things here properly." Bebe asked Ruhaani, making Avni widen.

"WTF....why will she stay here?" Avni shouted, making them all shocked.

" Sister-in-law, where did you get lost? Bebe is asking you something. " Avni came out of her trance hearing Nityam . Glancing around, she sighed in relief it was a dream.

"Noth..nothing. " Avni mumbled, looking around them, looked at Bebe

"Yes..yes bebe what we're you saying. " She asked.

"I was asking you to shift to Neil's room
So that Ruhaani can stay in the guestroom as other room AC is not working. And why in the first place were you even staying in the guest room instead of your husband's. " bebe asked, making Avni glance at him for answer nervously, but he just ignored her, making her fist her hand angrily.

"I am asking you something, grand daughter in law. " Bebe asked again while sipping her orange juice , making Avni gulp nervously, and she said the first thing which in to her mind without thinking.

"Bebe you grandson, he don't let me sleep," She said, making everyone shocked . Babe, who was drinking her orange juice, choked, and she started to cough loudly.

"Sister in law this is something which you should keep in private, by the way, how did my brother dont let you sleep?" Nityam whispered with naughtiness in his voice, making Avni realise what she said.

Getting shocked, she immediately looked at Neil only to find him glaring at her.

"No...no..bebe you guys are thinking wrong,  I mean he don't let me sleep because.." Avni started but was cut off her her.

"Enough.. no need to tell anything , just shift back to your room, and everyone , have your breakfast, "Bebe said with a red due on her cheeks feeling awkward.

Everyone again started to have their breakfast while Avni kept staring down the whole time, feeling embarrassed because of Nityam, who was teasing her with his words. On the other hand Neil, kept throwing glares in her direction making her want to dig a hole and hide herself.

P/s- it's unedited, so ignore the mistakes.

Itsyourblackrose

Words- 1162